08/16/06 6:00 PM – 7:00ish PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER(second half missing)
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, DAMON SEBESTIN, JESS CONRAD AND JOE TAYLOR.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Check to Bill Warren, as per his letter, he believes was lost in the mail. He recommended that we stop payment on the check and reissue the check minus the stop payment fee. Bob, Joy, and Eric need to meet and discuss this further.
- CONCHAIR: Bill Warren could be the artist GOH for 2008, Keith Baker could be the gaming special guest, and we still need an author for 2008.
- Bob is going to Staples for supplies tonight. Bob L. has been in contact with the Wingate hotel’s sales manager, and they want MisCon at their hotel. Bob L. will follow up with them. The convention calendar on the internet has been updated.
- ART: Heidi suggested we move the art to room 400 and incorporate the Reaper stuff. We will review this idea and decide later. Also suggested that we move the art auction to 8 pm. This will give people less chance to have scheduling conflicts. All agreed.
- MERCHANTS: Closing time for the vendor’s room will be changed to 5pm for the BBQ and then the art auction. 2 merchants have already committed. January 1st the letters go out. This year we need merchant badge names for all the merchants. Not for their business only.
- GAMING: Game fair September 16 at the public library. Game fairs will be at the UC in the future. As far as room usage during the convention; do we need a LAN room? Joe will talk again to Underground Games to see if they are interested. Also do we need a LARP room? All in attendance were dubious that the LARP needed a special room.
- PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: email@example.com