MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
10/18/06 6:00 PM Ė 7:15 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY Ė JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, JAMES MCGAHEE, EARL SMITH, JOE TAYLOR AND CATE DAVENPORT.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- No other new business.
- CONCHAIR: we went over the chair and vise-chair list. Cate is the new vice-chair for web.
We need to advertise for the vacant Concom positions.
We have a meeting next Wednesday at 3:00 pm at the hotel. We may have to pay $60 or less for the six sleeping rooms the convention rents. Those are the three GOH rooms, the Security room, the Ops room, and the Security Rac room.
We are moving Art to 400, and we may have room for up to 40+ panels.
By December 10 we will have the final list for RustyCon. Bob L. and Damon may be going to OriCon
Cate is looking into Cafe press as a way of making MisCon stuff to sell. She is looking into prices.
- Bob is going to Staples for supplies tonight. Bob L. has been in contact with the Wingate hotelís sales manager, and they want MisCon at their hotel. Bob L. will follow up with them. The convention calendar on the internet has been updated.
- ART: Heidi suggested we move the art to room 400 and incorporate the Reaper stuff. We will review this idea and decide later. Also suggested that we move the art auction to 8 pm. This will give people less chance to have scheduling conflicts. All agreed.
- MERCHANTS: Closing time for the vendorís room will be changed to 5pm for the BBQ and then the art auction. 2 merchants have already committed. January 1st the letters go out. This year we need merchant badge names for all the merchants. Not for their business only.
- GAMING: Game fair September 16 at the public library. Game fairs will be at the UC in the future. As far as room usage during the convention; do we need a LAN room? Joe will talk again to Underground Games to see if they are interested. Also do we need a LARP room? All in attendance were dubious that the LARP needed a special room.
- WRITERíS WORKSHOP: Cate is going to talk to the U of M creative writing professor (Debra?) about having students enter the work shop. The rules posted on the website are clear and concise.
Kenneth Magno is coming to MisCon. He is a Missoula writer who just published his first graphic novel.
Cate wants to start a fan fiction contest.
- TREASURER: Please turn in your budgets, projected amounts and sources of income lists to Erik a.s.a.p. Bill got his check we reissued.
- VIDEO: James wants to have a video festival, similar to withoutabox.comís. Cate will e-mail James a rules proposal. A suggestion was voiced that we should charge money for the entries and then offer a cash prize.
- SECURITY: No news
- REGISTRATION: N/A
- HOSPITALITY: Heidi will talk to her sister, who is currently at the Vo-Tech about running, or finding someone to run Hospitality.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob L. will e-mail the grid thus far.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon is working
- WEB: We now have forums. Department heads must moderate their areas of the forums.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: We need a temporary chair for the convention.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: We are adopting a highway
- COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!!! SPECIFICALLY CONCOM!!!!!
- PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org