MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
11/01/06, 1756 – 1900 HOURS AT BARNES & NOBLE BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, JAMES MCGAHEE, DAMON MCGEHEE, AND MEGAN SMEAD
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Bob L. will start sending the meeting reminders, and the nudge
- CONCHAIR: Received a letter from Laura K Hamilton and she will not be able to accept our invitation as a GOH. Bob L. thinks this is a auto-response and will resend the letter. Adam Golaski also said he will not be attending as our 4th GOH. Bob L., Eric, and Damon are leaving on Thursday for OryCon. They will be having a joint party with RadCon. Currently there is not enough interest for Just-A-Con. Many of us will be traveling to RadCon.
- ART: Heidi needs a vice chair. The posters for the art show are done for Christmas. This year we do not own our theme art, and must OK all applications of the art.
- MERCHANTS: Nothing to report
- GAMING: Joe will make it a point to talk to Underground about the LAN soon. He is also going to secure a room at the UC for the game fair.
- WRITER'S WORKSHOP: Nothing to report
- TREASURER: Nothing to report
- VIDEO: James made a website for the video contest. James also suggested we show the submissions on Sunday and award prizes at closing ceremony. It was noted that all these submissions should be shown on a projector, thus we need to secure a projector. We also want industry professionals to critique submissions and offer suggestions. Possibly they could have a few panels. Dronet of Renegade Effects is sending some “Prizes “for the contest.
- SECURITY: No news
- REGISTRATION: We have 2 new memberships.
- HOSPITALITY: Mouse could not find anyone to run Hospitality, nor can she do it.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob L. will e-mail the grid thus far or print it out and bring it to the next meeting.
- PROGRAM BOOK: The programming grid is in the center of the book. Damon needs photos of all departments.
- WEB: We now have a forum vice chair, Megan Smead. Currently the forums have generated over 70 posts.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Bob L. is now the temporary Vol/Ops chair.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: N/A
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Nothing to report