MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
01/02/08 7:20 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN, FORREST LEDER, JAMES MCGAHEE AND JOE TAYLOR.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:20 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: MisCon will pay for the room at RadCon. It has been determined that MisCon can afford it. Anyone who stays in the room and does not volunteer during RadCon should pitch in $10 to $15.
- ART: Forrest is working on the letter to send to the artists. It should be done soon.
- MERCHANTS: Bob will be sending out the letters tomorrow. We may have a new vendor. > Sharp, pointy things…..Dragon’s …..something. (Bob didn’t catch the second half of the name). Bob to update later.
- GAMING: The Spring Game Fair is scheduled for March 15th. It will be in the same place in the UC. Joe is in the middle of trying to become a “D C I” member. Joe to update later. Rooms 159 and 160 are to be the overflow gaming rooms. There are 10 major events (plus Adrienne) scheduled so far for MisCon.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP:
- VIDEO: There will be no big T.V. from Ruby’s this year. We’re looking into renting a big screen from some place (Aaron’s or RAC or somewhere else). James to update later.
- SECURITY: Damon knows someone that is interested in being a mook this year. His name is Mike F. and he emailed Nick a mook application, but Nick hasn’t received it yet.
- REGISTRATION: We may have a Registration Chair. Jess says she has a co-worker that should be great for the position and she’s been a con attendee for years and involved with Realms of Avalon. Nick also talked to Chris Bott who is an old friend of Nick and Joy’s and he will be moving here soon and said he would be willing to volunteer for Reg and other depts. to help out.
- HOSPITALITY: Bob said he has a prop for the Hospitality room and Joy has some Pirate/Lays stuff from Halloween she will donate to MisCon to be used wherever and whenever.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob keeps hearing sporadically from Sparky, but he is sure she will pull through for us.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon needs all dept. statements. He will be putting dept. statements in the back of the program book this year.
- WEB: The phone # on the website is happiness.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Car Wash is tentatively scheduled for April 26th. We’re talking about doing one later in the summer as well. Bob L. called Bill Warren to get permission to use other art from his website for flyers, etc. He said sure. James will create the flyers to take to RadCon etc.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: