MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/06/08 7:00 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN, JUSTIN BARBA, JOE TAYLOR, MARC JOHNSON AND STEWART FLEMING (VISITING VOLUNTEER).
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: Justin is now Ops (or if we want to change the name to Logistics we can do that). Stewart is here volunteering for depts. and any where that may need help. Bob spoke with his brother about the logo. Nothing is completed yet. The room usage list is almost done and Bob will send it to everyone once it is completed. Bob will order the lanyards soon. He also talked to the banner guy (Mark with Oh My Graphics) and he would like a table in the merchant’s room. He will give us the new numbers for banners and extra magnets, stickers, etc. RadCon party menu: Bob went over what he will be buying for the party. Bob will need some stuff out of storage. The contract is almost complete at Ruby’s. Estimated $900 for big con spaces a night and regular rooms will be $65 a night. Bob paid the annual dues which are around $15 and MisCon officially exists as a corporation again.
- ART: Forrest will be sending the packets out soon. Art’s email account is over quota and needs to be taken care of.
- MERCHANTS: There are not too many responses this year. Bob will contact the Gargoyle store about coming this year.
- GAMING: The flyers are up for the March 15th Game Fair (which will be at the UC). Joe and Bob L. will pay for the room at the UC tomorrow. The rooms at the Joker’s Wild will run $150 a night. Joe will make a budget and give it to Marc.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Writer’s Workshop email account is over quota. Bob will try to contact Cate about it.
- TREASURER: Bob L. gave Marc stuff. Joy gave Marc the bank statements. Marc showed everyone the rough draft of the Supply and Expense Form and the $ Transfer Form. We’re missing 6 checks. Marc will have the bank do “stop payments” on those checks and MisCon will pay the fees. MisCon does have a debit card now. Marc will be getting started on the 501c3 paperwork soon. Marc thinks that Illuminati Rob with SpoCon will be able to help get us set up as a Nonprofit Organization.
- VIDEO: Need another back up lamp for the projector. We still need a big T.V. Movies are needed. James would like discs and everyone’s picks. (Here are some examples: Bladerunner, Fido, Dirty Harry, Logan’s Run) Also, Indiana Jones 4 will be coming out that week and everyone thinks that should be our “MisCon Movie”. Speed Racer is also coming out that weekend. We think Inga’s son will be doing a LAN/Anime room this year.
- SECURITY: Everyone on Security and Volunteer/Ops needs to learn the codes and areas etc. New Members to Squid Squad letter was created by Earl and Nick. They will be sending 2 letters. Nick wants to have a meeting with Earl, Bob and Reid. Nick needs the Security t-shirts. He also needs to touch base with all the members and the 2 new members very soon to go over some things. Nick is not receiving his mook applications. Nick will get his budget to Marc soon.
- REGISTRATION: We have Registrations Chairs!! Yea!! One lives in Helena and the other one works on Wednesdays so they won’t be able to attend meetings. The new Co-Chairs are Laura and Lisa.
- HOSPITALITY: Marc has an idea about a raffle spinner. It involves the Griffin Punch Cards once they are done and all amounts are punched. It’s rather like Wheel of Fortune and attendees would spin to win free stuff. He will work on it and update ConCom. Marc will be doing lunch deals. Nick mentioned Dee Dee’s World Foods. They want to meet with us again. Griffin Games idea is just one of the many ideas Marc has to make The Griffin the best this year!
- PROGRAMMING: We have not heard from Sparky yet.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon has the cover done, but will re-work it. The inside will be in color and will have Bob L.’s write up there. He still needs some dept. statements.
- WEB: Bob N. gave Joy feedback and said the format of the minutes sent to ConCom was alright. Jess has been completely taken off the web. She is no longer the Reg. Chair and does not get emails.
- VOLUNTEERS: Joy is receiving some volunteer forms. She is almost done with her dept. statement. She is thinking about changing the Cthulhu Cash this year. She is also thinking about doing a panel on Friday evening (Meet the Volunteer Coordinator/Come Volunteer for MisCon/All volunteers that have submitted forms come face to face……etc. etc. etc.)
- OPS: Justin says he will learn ALL before MisCon. If you have any knowledge that would be helpful to Justin, please don’t hesitate to let him know.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: The trivia questions are finished. Bob L. reads them to all and they are accepted. Sharon has a Geek Basket idea. We will all get started finding geeky stuff to fill it with and then probably raffle it. The Belly Dancing Car Wash is still scheduled for April 26th. Don’t forget to be there….or be square.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: