MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/13/08 7:15 P.M. – 8:15 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, JUSTIN BARBA, JOE TAYLOR AND STEWART FLEMING.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:15 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: RadCon is this weekend. We need to know who is going and driving etc. Marc and Bob N. will be driving. Bob L. and Sean and a lot of stuff needs to be organized into the 2 cars. They will be leaving 2/15. RadCon party menu: Bob shows to everyone and it is accepted. Bob finds out there is a Costco in Pasco so they will buy the majority of the supplies there instead of packing them. Marc will not be doing the 501c3. Bob L. will try to work on it soon. T-shirts: the committee confirmed all sizes. Bob L. had to guess on a few but is pretty sure it will be okay. Nick and Bob went over Security t-shirts. Ruby’s contract is alright. The Room Usage is set.
- ART: The email account is over quota. Bob L. will meet Forrest on 2/14 at 16:00 for Postage/Mail and Forrest will mail the packets shortly after that.
- MERCHANTS: The Merchant’s room is filling up fast it seems like. The letter to Medieval Mystique came back and Bob can’t forward. He will keep looking for the right address. Montana Celtic Treasures is out of Billings and Bob will try to contact them.
- GAMING: Joe is busy putting up flyers for the March 15th Game Fair and things are getting set up. Bob L. mailed the $ for the rental of the rooms (in the UC) on Monday 2/11.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: The email account is still over quota. Bob L. needs to contact Cate to find out which schools she has talked to and who she has gotten responses from. Are there any other entities we should be contacting? Maybe other writer’s circles/guilds/groups in town??
- TREASURER: Which departments still need to give Marc their budgets? Security, Gaming, Web, Ops, Volunteers.
- VIDEO: James needs everyone’s dept. picks ASAP. Please email them. Please have any DVD’s ready to lend to James also.
- SECURITY: Nick needs MisCon labels for envelopes. He’s sending the recruitment notice letters to New (Hopeful) Squid Squad members. We will be having more people this year it looks like. Everyone really needs to practice their codes.
- REGISTRATION: The On-line registration is not working yet. Bob L. has printed out a new Reg. form. The committee agrees that there needs to be a space for putting the attendee’s phone number, a space for putting the Writer’s Workshop Anthology, a space for lanyards and we will be changing all the (new) t-shirts prices to $15.
- PROGRAMMING: Hopefully Bob will speak will Sparky this weekend.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon needs all Dept. Statements STAT!! Nick will get the badges figured out and then give the list to Damon.
- WEB: Writers, Art and Treasurer email accounts are full and need to be taken care of. There are some Minutes posted on the website now.
- VOLUNTEERS: Sherrill Brown volunteered. Joy received another email from her.
- OPS: Justin is getting things figured out. Email him if you think of anything he needs to do or be doing.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: The trivia questions are in place at The Book Exchange, Muse and World Games. The lanyards are: the thick black nylon - $2.80 and then the thinner green nylon - $2.00. The committee agreed on the thick one with the metal clip that is sturdier.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: