MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/20/08 7:15 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN, FORREST LEDER, EARL SMITH AND REID JONES.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:15 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: Author Guest for 2010 – Harry Turtledove!! RadCon Party Debrief: Woohoo!! Good party!! There was a $100 dollar bill donated which was quite surprising. The total will be tallied and given to Marc soon. All in all, a very good RadCon. Bob will be attempting to do the 501c3 with Damon. All of the staff/security shirts have been verified. Bob will be ordering t-shirts tomorrow 2/21. Bob made some free passes. Everyone liked them and agreed they look well. Bob will send them to other cons to give out. Bob called Oh My Graphics again and he said “it’s coming along”.
- ART: Email account is still over quota. Forrest says he will fix it and he’s putting the letters in the mail tomorrow. Bob gave Forrest some artists name to check out.
- MERCHANTS: Lady Jayne sent in $100 for 2 tables. Games Plus is possibly coming. Solstice Studios is likely to come. Kerry Zabel (friend of Joy and Nick’s) may want a table. We will find out soon.
- GAMING: The Game Fair is quickly coming up. March 15th. Joe has put up lots of flyers. Joe needs to check his email! Nick sent one to him about the sign holders he ordered. They are in and can be picked up.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Bob really needs to have more contact and verification from Cate. He needs to know that she has contacted all the schools and everyone else she needs to.
- TREASURER: Bob needs to give Marc paperwork. Marc still needs dept. budgets from everyone!!
- SECURITY: Nick is having a meeting with Reid, Earl and Bob after this meeting. Everyone still needs to be constantly practicing the codes.
- REGISTRATION: Bob created a new Pre-Reg form. It still needs another address line and it needs the Anthology to be $12.
- PROGRAMMING: No contact with Sparky during the RadCon weekend. She was in Hawaii. We really need to make sure she is on track.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon still needs dept. statements from Security and Art. We need pictures next to our dept. statements this year. We need to coordinate for that.
- WEB: Bob N. needs pictures from RadCon from Bob L. Bob N. needs the new Reg. form emailed to him.
- VOLUNTEERS: Joy emailed Volunteers dept. statement to Damon/Bob L. Joy emailed Justin the Ops dept. statement she had so he could change/add to it and then email it to Damon. Joy emailed James the video picks for Volunteers and Security.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: The Car Wash is coming up soon. The trivia questions are all in place now. Bob will go check on them occasionally. Bob hasn’t ordered the lanyards yet, but is planning on it soon. We still need a larger logo. Bob took flyers and trivia questions to Rockin’ Rudy’s.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: