MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/28/08 6:55 P.M. – 7:45 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, FORREST LEDER, JAMES MCGAHEE, JUSTIN BARBA, JONATHAN NELSON, LISA WILLIAMS, STEWART FLEMING AND (VISITOR CHRIS BOTT).
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:55 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: No progress yet on the 501c3. We have a few new vice chairs. Jonathan Nelson is Art Vice Chair. Lisa Williams is Registration “Co-Chair”. Stewart Fleming is Gaming Vice Chair. Who still needs vice chairs for their depts.? Also, if you bring in your own volunteers during the con, please make sure they go through Joy and do the paperwork so they can get Cthulhu Cash, etc. – Immediately after the con we will be sending out Thank You cards. James will be creating them early. ConCom will take part of a meeting and sign them all. The t-shirts are ordered. We all looked at the breakdown of prices and descriptions of different embossers….What do we want?
- ART: The invite letters are mailed. Forrest found some more artists and he will write to them. He found an art vice chair (who has no idea what he’s getting himself in to). Forrest still needs to do his dept. statement that was due on Monday 2/25.
- MERCHANTS: Lady Jayne has 2 tables. We need to deposit the check. Bob sent out a letter to Games Plus. It is likely that Solstice Studios will be coming. Cordochorea Creations wrote to Bob and Bob sent them an invite letter. Apparently they are Celtic, Geeky, look cool and more than likely, will be coming. Bob also mailed to MT Celtic Treasures.
- GAMING: March Game Fair coming up soon (3/15). Bob L. will be running a game. Joe got sign holders from Nick at Ace. Joe confirmed the rooms at Joker’s Wild.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: The email account being over quota has been fixed. Bob can email Cate now. The schools sound too busy to do what they need to do. Justin B. is new Vice Chair.
- TREASURER: Dept. Budgets need to be done even if you don’t need anything. Marc still needs a piece of paper saying that, so please email your budgets to Marc. Bob L. gave Cate a check to deposit or to give to Marc (whichever comes first). Cate said she will more than likely just deposit it tomorrow.
- VIDEO: James needs to contact Nat soon.
- SECURITY: Nick needs to call the Squid Squad to set up a meeting for next week.
- REGISTRATION: Lisa is here. She needs to be maintaining the database of names of attendees. Bob showed everyone the newest Registration form. We all agreed it was great. Registration received an email from Bill Warren, but it turns out it was old.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob has been trying to get a hold of Sparky – no luck.
- PROGRAM BOOK:
- WEB: Bob N. needs the RadCon photos on a disc soon. We will still try to get the MisCon 21 pictures from Reid (soon, hopefully).
- VOLUNTEERS: Mariah Leder (Forrest’s sister) may want to volunteer this year. Bob’s daughter Sarah also wants to volunteer. Joy will send a write up to Sparky/Programming/Bob L. about the Friday Night Meet the Volunteer Coordinator/Volunteers panel that she wants to try to do.
- OPS: They did a walk through right before the meeting to acquaint Justin to the Con spaces. (Bob L. & Justin)
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Still need larger logo from Bob’s brother. The Car Wash is still on and will be in April. The trivia questions are now at Rockin’ Rudy’s. The lanyards won’t work the original way we wanted. We will be using “Kelly” green instead of dark green. The Geek Basket is progressing. We will be doing a raffle during the BBQ (maybe). If you have something cool that you think should go in the basket, give it to Bob L.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: