MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/05/08 7:10 P.M. – 7:45 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, JAMES MCGAHEE, JOE TAYLOR, CLAY COOPER, EARL SMITH, REID JONES AND STEWART FLEMING.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:10 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: The 501c3 has not been worked on yet. Joy had an idea about perhaps putting an ad up on the UC board for an accounting student to help us fill out the paperwork for some volunteer experience. James will be working on the Thank you cards soon.
- ART: Forrest has sent the letters off to the artists.
- MERCHANTS: Cate deposited Lady Jane’s check. There are 5 merchants confirmed so far + Zombie Tools will be mailing in their $ and paperwork this week. (Clay is working with them and let us know this.) There are a few more we are sure will be late at sending in their $, but will more than likely be here.
- GAMING: The Game Fair is in 2 weeks. (3/15) – Joe showed off the sign holders he got from Nick at Ace. The small one should work on the table tops and the larger one will work next to the tables. Joe needs the check ($150) for the Joker’s Wild room. Bob wrote it and handed it to Joe. Joe will get a receipt for Bob/Treasurer. Joe is trying to make a rotating schedule “doo-hickey” instead of having the tri-fold thing like last year.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate is trying to get a hold of Karen at Willard and hasn’t heard from the other authors about the review/panel.
- TREASURER: Bob wrote a check and then gave the receipt and the check to Cate. There is a receipt for the P.O. Box. Ck#’s 1276 / 2-28 / $366.00 to Exact Image, #1277 / $30.99 to Costco, #1278 / 2-29 / $302.96 to Advanta, #1279 / 3-5 / $150.00 to Joker’s Wild. Marc still needs video and registration’s dept. budgets.
- VIDEO: James will call and talk to Nat.
- SECURITY: Security will be having a meeting right after this meeting. Nick needs to call the American Red Cross and the CPR and First Aid course by tomorrow to make sure there will be room for them. Everyone needs to be practicing their codes!
- PROGRAMMING: Bob L. hasn’t spoken with Sparky yet. He will try one more time and if we can’t get a response, we may have to do the program ourselves.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon needs dept. statements from: Registration, Costume Pageant, Writer’s Workshop and Video.
- WEB: Bob L. gave Bob N. the RadCon pictures on a disc.
- VOLUNTEERS: The tests from Bob N. came through alright on the Volunteer forms.
- OPS: Justin would like feedback from everyone. Chris Blazer emailed that she is willing to produce signs for us. We need to get her the info in advance and she will bring them when she comes which will probably be the Thurs before con.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: The Car Wash is coming up. Keep it in mind! The Geek Basket is coming along nicely. The trivia questions are on the web. Thank you Bob N.!!! 120 lanyards = $366.00 – we will sell them for $4.00 each. The T-shirts should be here soon from Patty and Mike Briggs.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Dragon hasn’t sent anything yet.