MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/12/08 7:10 P.M. – 7:50 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, BOB NORTON, FORREST LEDER, JONATHAN NELSON, LISA WILLIAMS, MICHELLE BRUMLEY, STEWART FLEMING, EARL SMITH, REID JONES AND JAMES MCGAHEE.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:10 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: THERE ARE 72 DAYS UNTIL MISCON!! YEA!! There are 2 party rooms confirmed.
- ART: Forrest finished his dept. statement and emailed it to Probook (Damon and Bob). He still needs to finish his dept. budget and email it to Marc. Sarah Clemens sent a check for 2 panels that Bob L. retrieved from the P.O. Box today. Also, Theresa Mather sent in her money for panels last week.
- MERCHANTS: Zombie Tools check was received for 2 tables (they will be back in the corner near the loading dock).
- GAMING: The Game Fair is this Saturday (3/15) – Everyone who can, please come to play/visit/check it out!!!
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Justin is the vice chair now. This week he called all of the schools to confirm teacher’s names, spelling, etc., and then he mailed a letter out to all of the schools again. We need the day and date for when the Writer’s Workshop panel will actually be up on the website.
- TREASURER: Dept. Budgets need to be emailed to Marc ASAP!!! There was a $20 check deposited today paying for Sarah Clemens panels and Bob wrote a check for $230.96 paying for the embosser and set up fee, etc. Joy has Jan. and Feb. bank statements that still need to go to Marc. Everything is looking good.
- VIDEO: James wrote his dept. statement for 2009 and will work on amending it to work for 2008. He will update the website with prices and email filmmakers.
- SECURITY: Reid and Nick will not be here for next week’s meeting as they will be going through a 3 night training course at The Red Cross to be certified in CPR and First Aid (and Infant First Aid). Nick will put in a request to Marc for reimbursement from MisCon for the price of the courses ($70 per person). Earl will be doing his training/certification through his work place.
- REGISTRATION: Lisa had a meeting with Jess Conrad last night to go over some things she needs to know and what she needs to be doing. Lisa needs a list of everyone’s badge names. She passed a sheet around for everyone to put their name and their badge name next to it. She wants to do the “neon” colored-coded badges for Security. She also needs a list of Security badges names. She needs a list of Merchants badge names from Bob. Bob will email it to Reg. again. We will need to purchase “command strips” (Nick will look into getting them through Ace) for hanging up stuff on the walls without marring them. She will sell any T-shirts that are 5 years and older for $5.00 (so we will hopefully have less to put away in the storage unit again). Jess had an idea about having a panel where people could come and exchange their gaming books and also one for exchanging costumes (2 separate panels). We all decided we will keep Reg. hours the same which are the same as Merchants hours.
- PROGRAMMING: Mike Briggs is Sparky’s vice chair. He has a programming template and will be calling Bob L. tonight.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Need Dept. statements from Cate. Bob L. will ask Justin if he will do one for Writer’s Workshop.
- WEB: We still are unsure if the security code is working properly for the Volunteer form on the website. Joy will have to check her email and Bob N. will also do some more research into the problem.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: The Geek Basket (which we will be raffling) is coming along nicely and getting little things added here and there. James is working on the Thank You Cards. The Car Wash date is April 26 – Everyone please come and help out if you can. Our T-shirts are in process. Lanyards are in – all ConCom that is present tonight received theirs. The embosser is in process.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: