MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/19/08 7:15 P.M. – 8:10 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & GUSTAV HUNTER, BOB NORTON, JUSTIN BARBA, LISA WILLIAMS, JOE TAYLOR AND STEWART FLEMING.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:15 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: 65 DAYS UNTIL CON! The embosser arrived today with samples. Bob passed around the samples and everyone loved them. Bob did not bring the embosser and everyone was sad. Forrest has turned in his dept. statement. Bob wrote a letter to Cine 10 with no response yet. Justin will do the Writer’s Workshop dept. statement. The Geek Basket is almost done. Bi-monthly nudges will be coming from Bob soon. $40 to $50 will be donated to the public radio in MisCon’s name. For whatever reason, we missed the phone pledge or they just haven’t contacted us about it yet.
- ART: We didn’t get any more responses yet from artists.
- MERCHANTS: There has been no response yet from Cordochorea Creations. Merchants is looking pretty good right now.
- GAMING: The Game Fair was very good. 50 people all together and about 35 people at one time. Munchkin, Warlords, Paranoid, board games, card games and mini painting too. Jonathan from World Games wants to run a poker game at MisCon. Joe paid for the rooms at the Joker’s Wild. We have Sat. night and Sun. night reserved. He will only be using it for Sun. night. We’ll figure out what to do there on Sat. night. > Stewart (gaming vice chair) has been very busy doing important things on-line, etc. Joe is still trying to get game support from Wizards of the Coast. He’s not sure if he’s filling out the on-line app. correctly. He’ll try again, but if he can’t make it work, he’ll ask World Games or Muse to do the vendor side of the application. Stewart’s working on it.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Justin typed up the packets/letters etc. and sent out to all the High Schools. He also called people and will put up flyers in the English Dept. at the U of M. Patty Briggs, M J Engh, and Maggie Bonham have confirmed that they will be critiquing authors. Justin will contact Jim Glass and Parris to see if they might also want to do it. Justin is thinking about putting up flyers in lots of other certain places.
- TREASURER: Marc still needs budgets from Ops, Writer’s Workshop, Volunteers and Security. Kyle and Kay Roberson sent in their money for membership, lanyards, and t-shirts - $88.00. Joy still has bank statements to give to Marc.
- SECURITY: Nick and Reid are at the CPR/First Aid course tonight.
- REGISTRATION: Lisa submitted her budget and dept. statement and emailed them to the appropriate people. She needs to go to storage and inventory. She has the badge types confirmed. Joe says he will bring her the Registration boxes from storage.
- HOSPITALITY: Justin will start to work on the wheel.
- PROGRAMMING: Sparky and Mike are working on stuff, but have not really talked to us about it yet.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Justin will send the Writer’s Workshop dept. statement to Damon ASAP.
- WEB: Bob N. needs to work on the security code on the volunteer application form because it is still not working. He will have to go over to Bob’s house and watch him type it in to see what’s happening.
- VOLUNTEERS: The MisCon Minutes are completed and up to date. What ever dates that seem to be missing are either meetings that didn’t occur (for whatever reason) or meetings that Joy could not make it to. She needs to check her email for Volunteer forms and figure out her panel idea.
- OPS: Justin has memorized the codes.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Bob still does not have a larger logo from his brother. The Car Wash is still April 26th. The Geek Basket is almost done. Anyone have anything to put into it? James is printing a rough draft of the Thank You Cards. The Book Exchange has donated some random books. They will go in bags or on the free table. Bob L. will contact the publisher that emailed Bob N. The t-shirts are almost done.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Dragon mailed a package. It consists of make up kits, an autographed helmet from Starship Troopers (and it was re-used in Firefly), an autographed picture of Darth Maul and other items. These are to be used as the prizes for the Costume Pageant. We need to advertise these items on the website, as well as in the program book and near registration during the con, to entice people to enter. Bob L. and James will be trying to contact Sarah Rohde.