MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/26/08 7:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, JAMES MCGAHEE, STEWART FLEMING, LISA WILLIAMS, JUSTIN BARBA, MICHELLE BRUMLEY AND JOHN BROMLEY.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: 58 DAYS UNTIL MISCON! Yea! We have stickers now with the MisCon logo on them. Everyone at the meeting received one. Bob still has a check that needs to be deposited. James will take Bob to the bank tomorrow.
- ART: We really need artists to respond and none have lately.
- MERCHANTS: We might have a couple more merchants coming and, who knows, maybe some others may possible pay at the last minute and come.
- GAMING: Stewart is adding many things to the schedule. He hasn’t been able to make contact with the Wizards of the Coast yet. Stewart has emailed World Games and has gotten really positive replies and he will email Muse next. Stewart needs to be in contact with others from RadCon to do some scheduling. Some people are coming and some have said they are definitely not making it this year. Matthew Ragsdale will be putting us in contact with Wizards/Hasbro for game reps.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Justin is going to send follow up letters soon. He is getting the word out. He has all the authors lined up. James has said he will submit as well.
- VIDEO: James has not emailed his budget yet. He will need approx. $100 for Sony Bravio – 46” T.V. for Video. It’s a very high quality unit. Also, needs a 500 gig hard drive from Costco for approx. $129. He has gotten one email from the form letter that was sent out yesterday guaranteeing one submission to the festival. All submissions will be shown plus there will be a 2 hour Viewers Choice Awards Ceremony on Sunday. We will use the 2 hr pass for the festival ($5). James has emailed Nat and begged him. Bob says to just call him, it works better. As far as prizes for the festival, James will be creating certificates but would like to also have a really cool, extra and bigger prize for the Grand Prize winner of the festival. Ideas: Statue of a golden CthulhuBob or cash or scholarship of some kind, or possibly donation(s) from places like Hastings, Blockbuster, Crazy Mike’s, Etc.
- SECURITY: Nick says the First Aid/CPR course was great. Reid and Nick are now certified. Earl will be certified soon. Nick thinks the con should purchase its own First Aid kit to have on-site. Lisa said she will donate one she has, but Nick will have to buy some things to put into it. The next security meeting is TBA.
- REGISTRATION: Lisa has to go back to work so this is her last meeting until her schedule gets altered. Michelle will take over until at least sometime next month. Lisa wants to know how to confirm Paypal payers on-line. Lisa needs help from Bob N. after the meeting.
- PROGRAMMING: Mike and Sparky have been doing lots of stuff. They like scheduling! Bob L. says he will try to call them tonight.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Bob will try to call Damon.
- WEB: The security code is working now. Bob N. needs to know the day and date of the writer’s workshop to put on the website. Justin found out that the guest link is broken and Bob N. will fix. He said he is behind in getting the minutes up on the website but he is working at it and should have them up soon.
- VOLUNTEERS: Joy received Sarah’s volunteer form and two others and those volunteers are in the room (John Bromley and Michelle Brumley). They will be helping primarily with Registration/Lisa.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: James printed a prototype/rough draft of the Thank You cards he is creating. Everyone liked it. He will also re-work the Cthulhu Cash and print some and they (Bob L. and James) will hopefully go to talk to the printer tomorrow when they run errands. The t-shirts are almost completed.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Bob received the helmet, makeup kits and other items from Dragon. He will send Bob N. a picture of the helmet to put on the website to advertise it. We still need to decide if it will be raffled or be a prize for something. Sarah Rodhe talked to James and sounded very interested in running the Costume Pageant. If not possible this year, then maybe next. Bob L. talked to Chris and she is still planning on the pageant and has been doing stuff for it. She has not heard from Cate.