MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
04/09/08 7:07 P.M. – 7:45 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, STEWART FLEMING, EARL SMITH, CATE DAVENPORT, FORREST LEDER, BOB NORTON, MICHELLE BRUMLEY, JOHN BROMLEY & JOE TAYLOR.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:07 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: 50 DAYS TILL CON!! The Geek Basket is almost complete. The pencils are ordered (sort of). The t-shirts are still in process.
- ART: Forrest will send the reminder letters to the remaining artists that have not replied yet.
- MERCHANTS: Josh Wagner (Artist/Author/Novelist/Comic Book stuff ~ Joy and Nick know him~) – He has contacted Bob and will be coming to MisCon and wants a table and will do panels, etc.
- GAMING: Joe sent paperwork in to W.O.C. and spoke with someone and she is pretty sure they can provide prize support this year. Gaming is on track. There is a possibility of having a Zombie Larp. Joe has the email and will also call them to try to set it up.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: There has been one submission. Bob gave it to Justin. Joe has one that he will give to Cate and Justin soon. We will probably get at least 2 or 3 more and probably after the deadline.
- TREASURER: Security, Gaming, Volunteers – still need the department budgets! We have $5,200 in the bank today. Bob gave checks to Cate to deposit. Bob passed a form around for everyone to look at. Everyone agreed – looks good!
- VIDEO: No Submissions yet. Bob will nudge James to email the list of movies he still needs copies of.
- SECURITY: Both S.S. members agreed to join so Security is up by 2 people so far. Reid, Nick and Earl are now certified. Nick would like to have a meeting next week, but unsure as of when he would like to meet. It is decided they will have a quick meeting right after MisCon meeting next Wednesday. This is okay with everyone that will be able to attend.
- REGISTRATION: Illuminati Rob wanted everyone’s registration info for a mailing list. Bob respectfully declined and we decided we would create a “check this box if” place on the registration form if attendees wish to be on a mailing list for RadCon and SpoCon etc. Michelle got an email about the cancellation of 2 memberships and will be sending their money back soon. The Registration tubs are here (courtesy of Joe bringing them from the storage unit) and Michelle will go through them and take an inventory.
- HOSPITALITY: Everything’s good!
- PROGRAMMING: The list of panels is almost complete. Josh Wagner is willing to do some artist panels. Robin Walker might make it to MisCon. CJ and Jane may also be coming. We have a tentative gaming schedule that is not totally done yet.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon has been working on pages and will show us rough drafts soon.
- WEB: The gaming schedule is up and starting to get filled up. The merchant’s page has been updated with the newest merchants on the map. We need new pictures of the GOH and the PROs etc. Bob N. needs a picture of the Geek Basket so he can advertise it on the web.
- VOLUNTEERS: We have about 8 – 10 volunteers right now and Joy knows of a few more that have also mentioned they will help out. She needs to check her email again.
- OPS: Please contact Ops with cool ideas or whatever comes to mind.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: The Car Wash (tentative) April 26th! The Thank You cards will get signed by everyone tonight. Bob will go and pick up the item at the post office for MisCon.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Cate still needs to look at the “makeup kits and masks”.