MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
04/16/08 7:05 P.M. – 7:45 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, REID JONES, STEWART FLEMING, JUSTIN BARBA, JOE TAYLOR AND MARC JOHNSON; (ALSO ANDERS MEJSTRICK – VISITOR – POSSIBILY VOLUNTEER).
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:05 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: 37 DAYS TILL CON! AHHHHH!!! The banner now has the correct dates on it. Bob got MisCon magnets at the same time. Mike Stackpole emailed Bob today. He’d love to be Author (Special) GOH 2009 – Yea!!! The t-shirts are having some issues getting the art printed on them.
- ART: Bob hasn’t checked the P.O. Box yet for Art, but will very soon.
- MERCHANTS: There are 9 committed merchants. We will definitely have Muse and probably have a few others as well soon.
- GAMING: Everything is going well. The schedule is filling up. People have till May 1st to get their ads in. Bob will ask World Games if they want to put an ad in the program book this year. Joe will contact the Zombie Larp people soon to try to schedule.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate and Justin are still contacting the schools on a regular basis. Cate will try to incorporate Writer’s Workshop into the curriculum for her student teaching class next year. Justin put up some cool flyers.
- TREASURER: $5200 in the bank account as of last week. Marc showed off his spiffy new envelopes he printed up for money drops and change order stuff. And then his Supply and Expense forms that every department should fill out if they need/want something. Everyone loved them. There is a $300 projector (down from $900) on clearance at Best Buy. Will someone go look at it and see if it is worthy of buying? Cate said she will go. People/Depts. gave Marc money (checks and cash). He will deposit soon.
- VIDEO: James will send a list of DVD’s he needs.
- SECURITY: Meeting after meeting.
- REGISTRATION: They are doing inventory.
- HOSPITALITY: Marc will be checking on the alcohol laws sometime soon. Nick brought up Dee Dee World Foods and tried to figure out what day they can go together to talk to the owner.
- PROGRAMMING: Mike is finalizing the schedule. Bob emailed it to ConCom. Bob needs to call Dragon about the “make and take panel” for/with Joe.
- PROGRAM BOOK: It’s coming along good it seems like.
- WEB: Mike is squared away with emailing now. Bob N. helped him. The gaming page was up to date for a few seconds. Bob N. won’t put up the schedule until we get a more set PDF version that he can update easily. Paypal is not set up yet.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: The Thank You cards are not quite done yet. We have 3 more to sign right now.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Not sure about the masks yet.