MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
04/23/08 7:00 P.M. – 7:40 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, JAMES MCGAHEE, JOE TAYLOR, MICHELLE BRUMLEY, JOHN BROMLEY, STEWART FLEMING & JUSTIN BARBA; (ALSO SHERRIL BROWN – VISITOR – VOLUNTEER).
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:00 p.m. by Nick Hunter.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: Bob is in Las Vegas….having fun without us. There are 31 days till con!! Everyone needs to get their stuff together NOW! The Car Wash will probably be rescheduled (May 10th – tentative).
- GAMING: W. O. C. have accepted us and will be sending us lots of prize support. Joe will talk to the WOC lady about the possibility of using their logo on flyers etc. Joe has emailed the Zombie Larp people, but has not received much response. They might want Merchant’s table(s) though.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Another submission came in recently. They want to check the mail again for more submissions etc. They want to send off to the authors by next Mon. or Tues.
- TREASURER: James got a check with a video submission and needs to call the lady as there is no fee anymore.
- VIDEO: We all watched one submission and James passed out scoring/review forms to fill out for the festival voting. We discussed the festival and knocked around ideas. James explained in detail what we really want to be watching for when we view the submissions so we can vote well and give some constructive criticism.
- REGISTRATION: They did the inventory. Lisa was sending updated email to Bob L. They need an update on badges. They need to finish their templates/rough drafts for the committee to vote on etc. Michelle says she will work on this and bring them in as soon as she can.
- PROGRAM BOOK:
- WEB: Bob N. needs to talk to Mike about the preliminary schedule. Bob will add Writer’s Workshop to the ConCom email list.
- VOLUNTEERS: Sherril Brown is here to meet everyone and volunteer. She has already submitted a volunteer’s form.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: T-shirts are “in process”. We hope this means they are actually being worked on.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Cate is using the masks. She will email the merchants for prizes ahead of time. She will go and talk to stores in town for more/other prizes.