MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
04/30/08 7:05 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, FORREST LEDER, JAMES MCGAHEE, JOE TAYLOR, MICHELLE BRUMLEY, JOHN BROMLEY, STEWART FLEMING AND JUSTIN BARBA.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:05 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: 23 DAYS TILL CON!! MisCon is becoming quite popular. Everyone needs to be doing their jobs etc. etc. Bob has lots of stuff to give away for gaming that he brought back from the con he just went to in Vegas. The rummage sale will be going on again. Please bring your usable old stuff to sell. Bob has an idea about the Missoula Carousel. It would be $200 for 2hrs for MisCon exclusively. Perhaps maybe this year or next we could take a “field trip” down to the Carousel and hang out and have fun with attendees etc. Keith and Dragon’s tickets really do exist now. We need to get a bus ticket for Bill soon. We have 168 room nights booked so far!! WOO HOO!!! Everyone…..please visit our website so you know what is going on!!
- ART: No new art has arrived as of this afternoon. We have 14 panels so far – Alan M. Clark, Sarah Clemens, Theresa Mather, Bill Warren. Bob N. and Forrest will go over the room map and Bob L. sent Forrest a new contact list as he has misplaced his.
- MERCHANTS: No new merchants as of today. If Zombie Larp comes they will definitely be getting a table. Sparky told Bob she thinks that a merchant who sells belly dancing gear may be coming and may want a table.
- GAMING: We have prize support from Atlas. We also have program book ads for Atlas and W.O.C. James still wants permission to put the WOC logo on the flyers. Joe will email the lady there again about this. Joe will email the square footage of the Joker’s Wild rooms to the Zombie Larp people.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Justin did a lot today. He emailed all 8 submissions to the authors. That’s double what we had last year. Justin is sending correspondence to the ones he can read and Cate will put the anthology in for printing sometime soon.
- TREASURER: Cate will deposit the cash and checks that Bob has been holding onto. We need to make sure to get the budgets in to the Treasurer before May next year!! Sooner at least!!
- VIDEO: James has 5 submissions so far. Michelle will have one for him next week. Bob went to RAC - $50 for big screen TV for the weekend; Extra $100 for them to move/set up/touch etc. We agreed that $150 for TV and then the handling is worth it. Yes, we will rent it for the whole weekend. James needs a good prize for the film festival. Any ideas? James will go to the U of M, Media Arts Dept., and talk to Michael Murphy. Bozeman University also has a big film dept. there. They all need to be contacted. Also, James will contact the MT Film Commission to get set up there again.
- SECURITY: Nick sent some paperwork out to the new squids. He will be talking to the other squids soon. We need someone to take pictures of ConCom and Security members to be put in the program book next to the dept. statements. When, where, who, how, etc.
- REGISTRATION: Bob gave Michelle some registrations. Bob, do you have the laminating sheets? They might be in a different box. We’ll look before we buy more. We need a refund check for Ty Nordstrom (Cancelled Registration / Not able to come). Do we have special art for GOH badges yet? They dropped off reg. forms at World Games and Muse. Does anyone know of any other places that might be good to put up registration forms….Please let Michelle, John and Lisa know right away.
- HOSPITALITY: The wheel is starting to come together. They need ideas of stuff to win on the wheel.
- PROGRAMMING: The preliminary schedule is up on the website. Lisa would like to replace a 2hr block of a panel for a “Medieval Children’s Games” gathering and fun time out in the picnic area.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon's got a lot of ads so far.
- WEB: Rain or shine…the Car Wash is going on the website as May 10th.
- VOLUNTEERS: 3 new volunteers – Scott, William and Ben – all are Lisa recruits for Registration but they said they will help out wherever they can.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: May 10th Car Wash!! Yea!!! T-shirts are still not in yet. New flyers should be coming from James soon! We do need to do an Adopt a Hwy clean up soon. How about June…something for everyone? We will nail down a day soon.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Cate talked to some kids at Big Sky H.S. about volunteering and being in the costume pageant (she also told them to contact Joy and there is an idea about maybe getting extra credit from teachers for doing the pageant). Justin will use a few masks for the wheel. Cate would like the application back on the website.