MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
05/07/08 7:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: ASSISTANT SECRETARY – MICHELLE BRUMLEY
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- We have 16 days left.
- Talked to Team Shirts today, the art has still not been transferred from .jpeg to being put on a T-shirt. He is waiting on updated software, and would be more helpful in the future to give images in Adobe Illustrator format. Bob will call again on Monday.
- Car Wash on Saturday. Email from Sparky stating she will be attending the Car Wash.
- Larger logo – Bob has not yet heard back from his brother.
- There is still a lot of things to give away at MisCon.
- The Jug O' Dice is full of dice now!
- Bring stuff for the rummage sale that people would like to be donated to MisCon.
- Reminder to Cat to give Bob a valid email address.
- ART: Alan M. Clark's art was received and already paid for. Including master control sheets and other paperwork. An email was sent out to a large number of artists not previously contacted, apologizing for the short notice and a request for additional art. Tiffany Toland and Erica McGinnins have also sent art. A template for artists to submit art was sent in to make it easier to submit art.
- MERCHANTS: 12 total merchants, Muse will have 1 - 4 additional people than they have listed. We still have 16 tables open on the floor, otherwise the displays will be spread out.
- GAMING: Information for the gaming website will be submitted. He will be sending Bob more information about the gaming schedule. Wizards of the Coast has sent merch. Potentially WizKids will be sending products as well. WizKids is supporting the MechWarrior tournaments. The Display Case was brought in today for the Gaming/Art room. The Jug O Dice will go to someone who volunteers in Gaming as well as other items Bob has. Steve Jackson's prize support will be here also. Chaosium will also be running a Call of Cthulu game. The possibility for a Warhammer 40k game was discussed with a possibility for MisCon 23.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: The authors are going to split up and read the submissions. Justin will send out mailers for the writers.
- TREASURER: Joe was asked about his budget and is still waiting. There is still close to $6,000 left over in the MisCon Sterling bank account. By the end of this year we are looking between $8,000 - $10,000. A check for membership was given to Bob; receipt for mailing Writer's Workshop submissions was given. The Petty Cash box is still with Mark (the Treasurer).
- VIDEO: Not present – 2 more submissions; one from Helena and one from Toronto. To be renamed “International Film Festival.” The presentation for the film from Spain is very detailed. Bob was quite impressed.
- SECURITY: Reed – everything is very secure. We have not been able to get into contact with Earl of Security. A meeting between Bob and Security has not been set up. Thursday before the convention the hotel needs to have a walk-through, check locks, etc.
- REGISTRATION: No real suggestions for colors. As it is now, everyone has generic MisCon logo as a background. Orange is definate for Security. Colors will be decided with Lisa Williams and presented at next meeting.
- HOSPITALITY: They are going to go to Costco to get prices on items. They are looking into Costco pizza to sell at the convention and planning meals for the attendees. The Gryphon After Dark alcoholic room has been put on hold so that the state can be contacted regarding the liquor license/technicalities. The wheel is still being worked on. Josh will be painting the wheel by next week. Spending $5 lets you spin the wheel and gives you chances to win items – including diabetic/healthy alternatives.
- PROGRAMMING: Mike – the schedule has been changing. Bob Norton sent an email to Mike that “Tribal Belly Dancing” is on the schedule twice and a few panels are missing. Bob – asked Joe (of gaming) if he had responded to Bob's email about the missing gaming panels.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Bob talked to Damon today, most of the ads are ready, missing the World Games ad because it has not yet been submitted. Someone will nudge Damon. Damon is rocking this year.
- WEB: Needs to put CJ and Jane on the webpage. All the updates will be coming later this week. Joe (gaming) said someone is going to steal Bob Norton for their game fair website. That he will be “rented” out for MisCon.
- VOLUNTEERS: Buying Chickens. (Art?) Sister will volunteer for the entire convention.
- OPS: Justin – not buying chickens but has nothing to say.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Sent information to radio stations about the Car Wash today. The larger logo has not been sent to Bob after multiple emails. 10Am – 5pm for the Car Wash. All equipment will be provided by workers/the hotel.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: A reminder to the web master to put up the rules for the Costume Pageant for the website. Cat will be making posters – motivational posters and poster board posters – for advertisements for the Costume Pageant. Suggestions for Hospitality motivational posters. Cat volunteered to create poster sized displays for behind Registration for any department that asked.
- 168 room nights as of last meeting.
- More "Thank You" cards were passed around to be signed: Michelle Nephew and the Wizards of the Coast, Greg Stickler of Chessex and Technicolor Staff.
- Where is Badge #1?