MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
05/30/07 6:06 P.M. – 7:45 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER (Cate D. assisted)
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, JOE TAYLOR AND MARC JOHNSON.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:06 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Our new dates of MisCon .22 are May 23rd – 26th 2008. > ConCom Con is June 8th – 10th and $94/night at Holiday Inn. Bob L. and Cate going. Anyone else?
- List of ConCom Members as of right now:
- Con Chair / Vice: Bob L. / Marc
- Art Chair / Vice: / Cate (interim)
- Merchants Chair / Vice: Bob L. /
- Security Chair / Vice: Nick / Earl
- Gaming Chair / Vice: Joe /
- Writers Workshop Chair / Vice: Cate /
- Video Chair / Vice: James / Cate
- Treasurer / Vice: Marc / Cate
- Registration Chair / Vice: / Jess (“data girl”)
- Hospitality Chair / Vice: Marc /
- Programming Chair / Vice: Sparky /
- Program Book Chair / Vice: Damon / James
- Website Chair / Vice: Bob N. /
- Volunteers – Ops Chair / Vice: Joy /
- Marketing Chair / Vice: Bob L. /
- Costume Pageant Chair / Vice: Cate /
- Secretary / Vice: Joy /
- 135 – Mood Game Room…….
- Suggestion: possibly get some odd movies we don’t have and inter mix them.
- Debrief Section on MisCon 21: The con, as a whole, went very well. The art auction was rather “low key”. People were tired; they had already had a long con. We need more War Hammer and other table top games (40k and Mech Warrior for example). We had 298 people in attendance at the con. The merchants room needs feet on the floor TO ..arrow…ATM at Joker’s Wild, so people will be able to get cash out quickly and easily.
- ART: Heidi not in attendance.
- MERCHANTS: Bob has a map of the room. We had a complaint from Deb Fisher about the BBQ. Everything was good though. We didn’t have as many merchants this year. We would like to have a whole lot more. Keep looking around for possible vendors whenever applicable.
- GAMING: Joe will perhaps get some standing signs to put near tables instead of having the ones on the tables.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: ~
- TREASURER: Marc Johnson - $6,750 Cash - $400 or $500 from Art – 80 Pre Regs - = $9,000 brought in good money in drop sheets with info. Not too much “mystery money”. Bob gave Marc lots of receipts, invoices and the hotel bill and also gave some check info to Marc at this time.
- VIDEO: James needs to return the DVDs to their owners.
- SECURITY: The video cameras were SUPER! Now we have three. The camera in the art room was not in a great location and we need to change that next year. Nick needs another tote (Marc will give him one). Everyone liked the new “green look”. Radio protocol was okay this year. We need everyone to work on the codes!!
- REGISTRATION: We already have 20 pre-regs for next year. We need a chair and vice chair. Memberships are $20.00 now. A MisCon “scholarship idea” was brought up. We need to discuss this more to see if we can make it workable.
- HOSPITALITY: BBQ tickets went great! We need a lot more volunteers. The individual dinners went well (they sold for $6.00). Hospitality is solvent at 90%. Marc will be making up punch cards for ConCom and Security members.
- PROGRAMMING: Sparky!! Ann Peters – yea!! She will be handling programming and she will do the pocket programs as well.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon will do this again and James is the vice chair.
- WEB: Bob L. has Bob N.’s cable. We need all pictures of this year’s con sent to Bob N. to be put on the website. Bob would like to know when to get rid of old stuff or move it and to where. Bob will be buying the other domain names (i.e. .biz,.info,.us, etc.); dot com and dot net are already taken, but he can buy them for $10.00 a piece.
- VOLUNTEERS: ~
- OPS: ~
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Bob is finding out about a lower price on a tri-fold flyer that we may try to have printed to put out all around town about MisCon.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: ~