MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
08/01/07 6:50 P.M. – 7:50 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN AND JOE TAYLOR.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:50 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: We need an Art Chair. Call Mouse (Heidi’s sister) – she said she would still volunteer next year. We need Registration Chair. 2008 GOH’s will be: Maggie Bonham (Author), Bill Warren (Artist) and Keith Baker (Special Guest). 2009 GOH’s will be: Michael Stackpole (Author/Special), John Kovalic (Artist) and other TBA.
- ART: Desperately need a Chair.
- MERCHANTS: Marc is Vice Chair and will be main Chair at con. We are probably losing Lady Jayne. We need a book vendor. Definitely need more vendors of all types. Maybe we should put a special page/forum on the website just for merchants info and notes etc.
- GAMING: MisCon Game Fair – Sept. 8th at the U.C. The next one will be in Dec. There is a Game Faire in Helena in Oct.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: ~
- TREASURER: No response from Erik Welton. He still has our check book and other paperwork. Marc and Bob will go knocking on his door soon.
- VIDEO: James is doing his job.
- SECURITY: ~
- REGISTRATION: We really need a Chair. Bob will talk to Autumn Lynde also about possibly volunteering for a position.
- HOSPITALITY: Everything is pretty good.
- PROGRAMMING: Sparky!! Yea!!
- PROGRAM BOOK: Need more Artist GOH art in the book next year (in “filler” places). Idea: 2 pages facing each other – list the merchants, their addresses, ph #s etc. and the other page the map of the merchants room with their names on their tables.
- WEB: Bob N. gave Bob L. $36 dollars in receipts for domain name. We now have MisCon.info and MisCon.org and MisCon.us. Bob N. needs to verify the ConCom list. Bill Warren has a new home page. RadCon photos have been posted.
- VOLUNTEERS: ~
- OPS: ~
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Bob’s brother is still working on re-doing the logo to give to Café Press.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Cate is not in attendance. We definitely need the hall costume contest to “be a go” for next year. We need prizes and we also need prizes added to the web page.