MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
08/15/07 7:15 P.M. – 8:20 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, DAMON SEBESTIN, JAMES MCGAHEE AND JOE TAYLOR.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:15 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: Bob hasn’t finished the room usage sheet yet. We really need an Art Chair. Bob asked Heidi to have Mouse contact Joy to ask how much she still wants to volunteer now that Heidi isn’t the Chair.
- ART: Joy as possible Art Chair/OPS – running OPS out of the art room??? Ideas???? Bill Warren needs to get us the art as soon as possible.
- MERCHANTS: There is a deadline already printed on the merchant’s letter. Bob would like to keep the letter down to one page only.
- GAMING: Joe and Bob L. will go to UM tomorrow to pay for the rooms for the Game Fair (which is Sept. 8th – U.C. – Rms 330 & 331 – 8am to 8pm). Cate may be able to put up signs and flyers advertising it.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate is going to try to get Writer’s Workshop into the curriculum at Hellgate and then maybe she can get all the other high schools to adopt the idea as well. Cate left the letters at the high schools, but not the junior high schools yet. She will try to go there soon.
- TREASURER: No checkbook still. Nick saw Erik but there was no mention of MisCon’s checkbook or paperwork. Marc and Bob will still try to get it back from Erik as well as the other important files. Meg Matthaes needs a $20 check for Rocky Horror stuff.
- VIDEO: Bob N. needs updated stuff to put on the web. James said he will update the website. We need to purchase a projector (Mac compatible).
- SECURITY: Nick really needs volunteers!!!
- REGISTRATION: We need a Chair. Cate and Jess have both contacted Bob about doing things throughout the year and that is a great help and wonderful. We thank them a lot for helping out. However, we really need people (especially trustworthy souls who are also good with the public) at the table, at the door, during the con.
- HOSPITALITY: Everything’s good.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob emailed Sparky. No response yet.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Everything’s good. Damon is trying to figure out what he will do for badges and the badge art, etc.
- WEB: Super!
- VOLUNTEERS: ~
- OPS: ~
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Still need logo from Bob’s brother. Bob called the Independent to change the times for the meeting (as we need it to say we are starting at 6:45pm at Ruby’s the 1st and 3rd Wed. of the month). Bob will be getting flyers to people to take to different cities. Meetup.com – James suggested this site to Bob for good “networking”……….
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Sara was 2nd – the other winners will be given to Bob N. to be put on the website from Cate soon. “Non-competing” costumers idea…… We really need to have the hall costume contest.