MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
11/21/07 7:03 P.M. – 8:03 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN, EARL SMITH AND JOE TAYLOR.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:03 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: Room Arrangements: Where will the “rac” room for Security be? Nick wanted it upstairs (244 or the other suite? – maybe) Bob will email the Room Usage to ConCom once it is completed.
- ART: Damon still owes for some art from MisCon 21. He paid Bob here tonight.
- MERCHANTS: Bob will be sending the letters out soon. Bob is including the “naughty fee” if they don’t give their names for badge names ahead of time ($1.75 each).
- GAMING: Joe is running the Game Fair on Dec. 1st at the UC and the parking situation should be good. Joe has been trying to get prize support from Wizards of the Coast. We still need to pay the University $100 for the room. Bob says he will pay this ahead of time (probably next week).
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP:
- TREASURER: Bob randomly ran into Erik Welton one night, recently, delivering pizza. So, Erik dropped off a box of records with Bob, but there is still no check book. He thought he had given it to Bob, but had not. We think Bob/Marc should go to Sterling, ask for our options and figure out what’s best for our situation. Joy needs Bank Statements from June 2007 to present. Bob finished his budget but hasn’t given it to Marc yet.
- VIDEO: The webpage is updated. Hopefully we will have new entries this year.
- SECURITY: Laura called Earl. She would like a list of security members that will be going to RadCon. She is running for chair for next year. Nick would like to meet with Earl soon.
- REGISTRATION: We really need a chair!!! – Marc had an idea about a $5.00 discount on memberships for bringing in a “new to con” member. Maybe we will do it next year (2009). We are definitely buying lanyards this year as they sold so well last con. Also, we are talking about the pouches that RadCon uses but will have to find out prices, etc.
- HOSPITALITY: We have records that Mike Roe did for Hospitality 2 – 3 years ago.
- PROGRAMMING: Sparky! Bob really needs to communicate with Sparky (and vice versa). Bob needs to check with Mike Briggs to see if he has written a program/format/template to give to Sparky yet.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon wants feedback on the picture he emailed to ConCom. We like it so far. Bob sent his chair statement to Damon. Please send all dept. statements to Damon ASAP. Bob needs to do the Registration write up, so we have it.
- VOLUNTEERS: Joy received 5 volunteer forms. She hasn’t called Autumn yet and needs to work on MisCon minutes. She did create a template to make the MisCon minutes better. The feedback to the new look of the minutes is: No more bullets, maybe double space between depts. (if room to do so).
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: No larger logo yet. Joy said if she can get some flyers/posters she can put them up in the Bitterroot (Stevensville – Hamilton area mainly) and hopefully also make some more contacts down that way.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Bob talked to Dragon. He might want to come out here. (Con would pay for his ticket.)