MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
12/05/07 7:10 P.M. – 8:10 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, BOB NORTON, FORREST LEDER, JAMES MCGAHEE, JOE TAYLOR AND EARL SMITH.
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:10 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: Steven Brust – 2009 Author Guest. Bob is still emailing and not getting much response back. Bob is keeping in contact with the other guests for this year and next year. Dragon - $ to get him here would be $400 - $500 for the plane ticket. The question is, Do we, as a committee, want the Con to pay for this? What kind of PR can he generate? Perhaps, walking downtown in a Predator suit with a MisCon banner/flyer etc…??? Thurs night – Fri morning etc etc…….????? Who will be attending RadCon and are there other cons people are interested in going to?
- ART: Forrest emailed Bill Warren today. Forrest will be trying to get something together for the Student Art Exhibit by next meeting to show everyone. Steve Stone is an artist that Forrest will be checking out and possibly inviting. If anyone knows anymore artists or have any ideas, email them to Forrest. Forrest is also asking for brainstorming ideas, etc.
- MERCHANTS: Bob will be sending the letters soon.
- GAMING: Game Fair went pretty good. A big “Thank you!” goes out to Adrienne and the people who came to play her game. March 15th for the next Game Fair. Greg Schneider has already sent in a lot to Joe for Harn role playing game scenarios and other scenarios that he is coming up with. Adrienne will send in the painting contest info to put on the website (art site).
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP:
- TREASURER: Bob spoke with Erik and he still can’t find the checkbook. Bob is having Marc try to figure out what we will have to do next and what the fees are for canceling checks, etc. Bob bought a good projector on Mon. 12/3. Bob also got a $25 membership.
- VIDEO: James is thinking about doing a YouTube site. We are thinking about putting our link on more random sites (Facebook, for example, but many others).
- SECURITY: Bob and Joy went over codes before the meeting. Joy tested Bob’s knowledge/memory. Nick and Joy and others need to go over codes together as well very soon.
- REGISTRATION: We really need a chair!! Be on the lookout for a good person.
- HOSPITALITY: Everything is good. Bob does, for sure, have Mike Roe’s records/lists from years ago.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob hasn’t heard from Sparky.
- PROGRAM BOOK: All dept. statements need to be emailed to Damon ASAP. Damon is working on the cover art for MisCon 22 front page/theme.
- WEB: Bob N. wanted to know about the art. An author signed up on our forum. They have 2 books published. We may want to look into this.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Bob L. emailed his brother today about the larger logo for Café Press.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: