Competition Rules and Regulations:
- Entries must be made in-person by the painter. Entries must be the work of the painter. Any entry painted by anyone other than the entrant will be disqualified.
- No more than 2 entries per painter per category.
- You cannot enter winning models from any other contests, conventions, or online competitions.
- You cannot enter painted models published prior to MisCon and this competition in any professional print media, i.e. manufacturer magazines or gaming material. Online publication of your painted entry prior to MisCon is acceptable in the spirit of receiving feedback on your work from the hobby community. You may receive feedback from our judges, part of that online community, though our intention, as ever, is that painters provide entries previously untested.
- Disqualified winning entries forfeit all prizes, titles, awards, and the painter is barred from entry in future MisCon competitions. If an entry is disqualified, awards are given to the next winning entry. Information dealing with an entry in this competition that may result in disqualification should be brought to the attention of MisCon and Competition Administration immediately.
- All entries must be finished, including bases, within the size restrictions as noted separately.
- Each category must have at least four entries or we will combine it with another category, per management decision. Management determines final category placement of all entries and can change at any time before or during judging.
- Entries may be photographed and entry registration indicates permission for MisCon to show them in all public media, including online and print media.
- MisCon staff, volunteers, and Competition Management cannot be held responsible for damaged or lost miniatures. We treat all miniatures with respect and will do our best to keep them safe.
- MisCon Competition Judges are not eligible for entry in regular categories, judges can enter in the Masters Category.
- All decisions of the judges and management are final.
- Entries must be received by Noon on Sunday of MisCon.
- To be considered in judging the model cannot be picked up until after 5pm on Sunday.
- Entries and Prizes must be picked up by 3pm Monday at MisCon, or the entrant will pay shipping and handling for their entries and prizes to be mailed to them. If we receive no replies to our attempts to contact you by phone or email by September 30th of this year, prizes will be forfeit and entries still in our possession will be auctioned.
Please note that measurements include any and all bases, movement trays, or display stands. We use these measurements to determine display shelf placements and they will be strictly enforced. Please check it before you get to MisCon.
Single Figure: Smaller figure or animal-mounted figure, such as a knight on a horse, which fall within the size restriction. This includes base, mount, and wings. A competition judge will rule on any bits, such as a banner pole, extending beyond the size restriction, at time
Size Restriction: 3x3x3 inches.
Unit: Models in military ranks or groups of figures that constitute a unit, squad, team of individuals, or adventure group. Units must include unifying base, board, or movement tray.
Size Restriction: Entry max of 10x10x10 inches.
Machines of War: All vehicles and Machines with Crew. This includes all tanks, motorcycles, ships, siege engines, all weaponry that contains or is run by one or more crew figures. Multiple freestanding figures (as in crew) must include unifying base, board, or movement tray.
Size Restriction: 12x12x12 inches.
Diorama: Emphasis is on the display as a focused scene telling a story with figures. This may include battle scenes or other dioramic displays. Must be on a unified base, figures do not need to be permanently attached to the base, but judges will take into account the technical aspect of the figures as presented with the base.
Size Restriction: 14x14x14 inches.
Large Figure: Single Figures that are larger than Single Figure restrictions. Large Monsters, Dragons, Statues, Busts, Large Scale Miniatures, etc.
Size Restriction: 14x14x14.
Hatchlings Single Figure Competition:
Awards and prizes in a separate competition just for those painters 14 years old and younger. Enter any single figure that adheres to the Single Figure Category Rules and Regulations. Painters 14 and under may enter the regular competition or the Hatchling Category, but not both.
Open to past Best in Show winners and Painting Competition Judges. Must be no more than 10x10x10 inches on a single base.
You are viewing part of the MisCon
archives. Information here may be outdated.
For current information visit www.miscon.org