MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
09/03/08 7:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (The Boardroom)
BY: SECRETARY – MICHELLE BRUMLEY-BROMLEY
Justin Barba, Melissa (new volunteer, wife of Justin Barba), Joe, Stewart, Michelle, John, CthulhuBob, Reid, Mari Hovan (new volunteer, daughter-in-law of Lisa Williams), Bob Norton.
- CONCHAIR: Bob opens for "Convention." Addresses Mark's resignation, due to real life obligations. Justin wanted to fill in Hospitality or offer to Cheryl; John took up Chair for Treasury. Joe stated we need to determine if anyone will be reimbursed for attending SpoCon - Bob states everyone who went to SpoCon that was on the committee, they did a lot that reflects well on MisCon - especially Stewart, who coordinated the "Mega Party" at SpoCon. Bob will need to determine how much money was spent to be reimbursed. Bob asked everyone to turn in their reimbursement forms to the Treasurer if they want to be reimbursed. Bob introduced John as the new Treasurer - and asked to coordinate with everyone to have lunch and discuss their department responsibilities. Bob thanked everyone for turning in their 'department responsibility' forms. Melissa is introduced as a new 'general volunteer'.
- ART: Not present
- MERCHANTS: Reid, nothing new in the department. No communication with Earl.
- GAMING: Game Fair went well, not as much a turn out as Joe wanted, but had quite a few in attendance. They are in the process of planning next year's fair. Relations with gaming companies was discussed; Wizards of the Coast, Steve Jackson, WizKids, etc. The Helena Game Fair (10th & 11th of October, 2008) was discussed. Reminder: Helena Game Fair - 10th & 11th of October.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Justin requested changes to the 'Submission Guidelines' be made to the website to Bob Norton.
- TREASURER: Waiting on resources from Mark; a bill to the "Missoula Copy Center" Inc was given to John. John gave his "introduction" speech.
- VIDEO: Not present. James took footage at SpoCon but details are still pending. We have two videos ready for next year.
- SECURITY: Not present. Still waiting on radios to be returned from Spokane. The SpoCon operations personnel has the security radios right now.
- REGISTRATION: Lisa should have her laptop soon and she will begin entering the database into her computer; the budget, options for the badge holders. She demonstrated a badge with a clear cover and two pockets. Bob will check with the company that creates our lanyards to see if they can also do our badges. Ordering in the 500 range will qualify MisCon for discounts. RadCon (Pasco, WA) wants registration assistants for February. Dragon should be attending RadCon.
- HOSPITALITY: Justin wanted to improve on ideas around Hospitality; the quality of food could be improved as well. He requested ideas be emailed to Justin. Suggested an alternative menu and a daily dinner.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob added more "readings" and "Justin Barba: Getting Started As A Writer," "Fan Fiction." Timothy Zahn may be our author guest for 2011 with Harry Turtledove in 2010.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Not present. Reminders to every department to turn in their statements.
- WEB: Updates to the ConCon webpage listing to include John as Treasurer. Bob will work on inputting PayPal into our website.
- VOLUNTEERS: Not present. Melissa Barba, wife of Justin Barba, introduced as a new 'general volunteer,' and Mari Hovan to Registration.
- OPS: Nothing new.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: National Pen continues to send Bob promotional materials and Bob showed off a customized planner. We will approach Kinko's for a quote on business cards. Items discussed for promotional items; recyclable book bags, etc.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Not present. Only one statement: Cthulhu Elvis costume.