MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
11/19/08 7:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (THE BOARDROOM)
BY: SECRETARY – MICHELLE BRUMLEY-BROMLEY
Bob, Justin, James, Bob Norton, Joe, Lisa, Nick, Joy, Gus, Stewart, Michelle, John, Sherrill, Forrest.
ConCom needs to contemplate guests and a theme for MisCon 24. Forrest recommended Keith David, a voice-over actor (Halo, etc).
- Meeting was called to order @ 7:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: Passed around the card for John Kovalhlic, to welcome his new baby daughter.
- ART: Forrest got an official version of Quick Books Pro from John. Forrest printed the list of artist's given to him by Bob. Sarah Zeibinden has a set of art, "totem series," which are paintings and pictures of animals. Forrest presented her as a possible artist. http://crimsonvermillion.deviantart.com/gallery/#MisCon-Art-Show Her DeviantArt website has examples of her artwork she was considering for MisCon. She has 200 post card prints of her 'Totem Series' raven to include in the MisCon swag bag. And additional artwork prints to be used in the bags. Bob will contact Mr. Kovalhic about the art for "Badge #1," very soon. Auction paddles - Nick will get 50 "paint stirrers" from work to create them. Sherrill has purple paper plates, Michelle has a silver sharpie! Forrest will contact local high schools soon for amateur artists. Lisa and Forrest discussed having Jake Goodman, a published comic book cover artist, do a panel about comic book art. Forrest recommended adding a website link to artist's on the MisCon website. A discussion was held about having the 'Guests of Honor,' guest artists, ect and ConCom get together to discuss and answer any questions before the Convention begins. "This is an Art focused orientation. If you're interested in finding out about Art at the convention, please attend!" Tentatively. Introduce the ConCom and their respective departments, to help orient the convention members with the essential functions of the Convention, to clarify any questions they may have.
- MERCHANTS: Reid - not present. We are working on getting the 'Merchant Invitations' sent out. Tsunami - Passed around products and 25% off coupons to the MisCon members.
- GAMING: Autumn Game Day is over, they are getting ready for the next one. In attendance we had close to 35 people total, less than last year. Winter Game Day will be just before RadCon. Sandbagger's will have their 20th Anniversary next Halloween 2009. Joe contacted Zombie Buddy Productions about insurance, the will run the Zombie LARP next year. We needed to know if they had health insurance, as they run a "simulated action fight" with Nerf products. Within the next month we need to get Joker's and Dark Dream's people together to discuss the Dark Dreams dance and the alcohol arrangements.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Justin did a re-vamp of the 'Writer's Workshop' section of the website wit the help of Shaun and Bob Norton. Justin wants to expand on the 'links and information' section. Justin added a lot of new material to the website regarding the Guidelines for next year. Send writing links to Justin. A man from Bozeman stated that he would have posted on the Forum about advertising a Bozeman writer's group, however, he mentioned the forum was very outdated and was not interested in posting. Justin wanted to add a "Writer's: Meet & Greet" to the MisCon schedule. To give the participants a chance to meet and get a feel for the weekend ahead of time. Forrest also requested the same service for Art.
- TREASURER: We have Quick Books! We'll get receipts, invoices, check printing capability if needed.
- VIDEO: Nothing new. The ConCom will discuss what movie's each department wants played over the MisCon weekend. Bob will talk to Dragon about possible prizes for the Film Festival winner.
- SECURITY: Nothing new. Bob will return the radio's from Spokane.
- REGISTRATION: Nothing new. Lisa was contacted by Origins, Lisa returned the contact requesting information about their badge holders. Lisa also contacted RadCon about the registration and what would be needed. Lisa is working on a form for next year's badges.
- HOSPITALITY: Nothing new.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob made minor changes to the current schedule and will send out a new .PDF format schedule to ConCom. The schedule is filling up decently so far. The 'orientation' meetings will be scheduled at the beginning of the Convention.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Not present. Hospitality, Art, Gaming, Security, Ops - all departments need to send in their Programming Book. Joe, Bob and Stewart are working on an actual map of Ruby's Building layout. Bob has a plan to "build MisCon within Origins," using those measurements.
- WEB: Nothing new. Email Bob the Minutes from previous meetings.
- VOLUNTEERS: Joy is still checking on information from submitted Volunteers. Joy still has bank statements that will need to be passed along to Treasurer. Joy gave statements from May - October 2008. A call for volunteers - send information to Joy and Will if you have any potential prospects. Lisa and Michelle are working on recruiting the "Sturdy Girls" to volunteer.
- OPS: Nothing new.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Chris - not present. Chris emailed Bob explaining his schedule is very very busy and a possible replacement Chair was recommended. Bob emailed Chessex about donated dice and we are going to get dice again for next year! There will be a new "Jug" each year. We will have a MisCon advertisement in the Origin's Program Book, we are doing an Advertisement swap.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Not present. Bob contacted MCT via voicemail and he was provided contact information for theater makeup providers.