This is an opportunity for aspiring artist of all ages to bring their work to the masters in our midst. These aspiring artists may ask for advice or guidance in achieving a better grasp on their art. Think you have some talent and just need a little help? Think that no one 'gets' your art? These masters speak the universal language of art and many are willing to give that advice, opinions, help, or validation that there is hope for the aspiring artist.
Artist Workshop Rules
- All art must be registered with art show coordinator two weeks before the convention. Any last minute submissions may be granted by the day of Con by the art show coordinator.
- All art submitted must be original.
- Artists may only bring one piece per submission.
- Spectators will NOT be allowed at the start of the workshop. Only artists, submitters, and convention staff required will be allowed in the room.
- Art may be no larger than 11x18.
Con-spawn Art Show
This art show within the art show allows many of the Con's next generation to show what they can do. These spawn who have grown up around the sci-fi fantasy convention atmosphere are very gifted, and may feel a little left out of many con events. Well, the Con-Spawn art show gives them an outlet for their talents and a helping hand of Con involvement. The Con has been giving them a creativity boost, now let's see them in action.
Con-spawn Art Show Rules
- Age groups: 8-12, 13-16, 17-19
- Category must be specified: Sci-fi, Fantasy, and Mixed
- No larger then 11x18
- One piece per category
- Art may be authorized for sale or auction only by the artist for the amount they specify.
- Art must be prepared for hanging or standing display, i.e. matted, framed or self supporting.
- Art must be displayed through Monday morning unless prior arrangements are made with art show coordinator.
- Passes may be issued to visitors to view panels as a temp 2-hour badge.
Art Show Hours