MisCon 25 Art Auction/Show Rules
- Artwork may be original or prints. Only one copy of a print may be submitted to the art show and prints must be signed and numbered by the artist.
- All artwork must be based on a space, science fiction or fantasy theme but may not use a copyrighted subject unless written permission has been given by the owner and is included with the art piece. (Without written permission, the art can be displayed as "not for sale.") All art pieces must exclude excessive violence and/or graphic sex, due to the fact this is a family event. The art show coordinator has the authority to deny display of any art not conforming to these guidelines.
- All items must be ready to hang upon arrival (matted or framed). Binder clips or hooks will be used to hang the artwork. All 3D work must be self supporting.
- Each item entered must be identified on the back with a title or number, the artist name and address and have a bid sheet attached. A master control sheet must accompany all entries. Bid blanks and a master control sheet will be mailed to all artists returning the registration form and may be photocopied if more are needed. Artists will be charged One (1) dollar per item for all items which do not have completed bid sheets or master control sheets or are otherwise unprepared for display.
- Artwork entered for display only must be designated "Not for sale" on the bid sheet.
- Charges for the MisCon 25 art show are as follows:
- 4'x4' Panel $10.00;
- 6'x18" table $10.00;
- A ten percent (10%) commission applies to all items sold.
- Artwork will be accepted no later than 6 p.m. on the Monday before the Con. (If you are delivering your art in person and will arrive later 6 p.m. Monday, please contact the art show coordinator to make arrangements for late set up.) Unless previous arrangements have been made all unsold items must be picked up Monday afternoon by 1 p.m. by either the artist or his/her authorized representative, designated and identified to the art show coordinator in advance. Artwork that is mailed/shipped will be returned thusly. All shipping and insurance costs to and from the convention are the responsibility of the artist. Return shipping and insurance fees must accompany the artwork. If you are delivering artwork personally and would like it mailed/shipped back to you, you must provide an appropriate container and the necessary fees.
- Artwork may be sold for the direct sale price, but the buyer will be required to leave the art in the art room for display until the art auction begins. When the art auction is to begin, any art with one or two bids will be sold at the current bid price, a third bid will cause the artwork to go to auction.
- Any art not sold after the art auction will be re-displayed in the art show and will be available for sale at the artwork's direct sale prices, or after auction price if the artist wishes to set a separate after auction price.
- Artwork will be shipped the week following MisCon 25. Checks will be mailed the first business day after the convention. All artwork will be returned via UPS unless otherwise requested. (UPS shipping includes insurance, U.S. mail does not. You will not be insured against damages if you request U. S. mail unless you request the coverage and provide the funds to cover this cost.
- As protection of your intellectual property, no photography of the art show will be allowed. In the event your art is stolen, MisCon will compensate you in the amount of the artwork's Direct Sale price.
- If you wish to designate art to be sold for charity, please indicate these items on the bid sheet as "For Charity." If you wish to designate art to be sold for MisCon fund raising purposes, please indicate these items on the bid sheet as "For MisCon." All proceeds for the charity sales will be given to the Missoula Public Schools. All charity/MisCon pieces not directly sold will go to auction.
- Payments for art panels must be paid separately from current memberships, future memberships, or merchant tables. (Unless other arrangements are made with both art show coordinator and Con chair.)
If you would like to reserve space to show your work at MisCon 25, please fill
out the accompanying intent
form and return it with a check in the appropriate amount
payable to MisCon to:
MisCon Art Chair
P.O. Box 7721
Missoula, MT 59807
Please ship your art to:
C/O Heidi Carstens
7012 Cochise Dr.
Missoula, MT 59804