- Entries may be in any style, but they must be related in some fashion to the following genres: Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Horror. Check our category information for more details.
- Entries must be longer than 1 minute, and shorter than 30 minutes.
- Entries must be sent on NTSC DVD Region 0 or 1.
- More than one entry may be submitted. However, each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry Form.
- Entries may be domestic or international.
- Entries must be in English, or subtitled in English.
- All entries remain your intellectual property. You have the right to screen your entry.
- Screening DVDs must be labeled with the film title, running time, and contact information (Name, address & phone).
- A Press Kit is not required, but is recommended.
- All entries must be postmarked by May 1st, 2010 in order to qualify.
- NO films including graphic or gratuitous depictions of SEX, VIOLENCE, OR NUDITY WILL BE ACCEPTED. Few films, if any, that would conceivably receive an R or NC-17 rating with the MPAA will be accepted.
- Every effort will be made to screen all submissions meeting entry requirements.
Filmmakers whose works are selected will be notified by email.
Screener Return Policy:
SCREENERS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- A completed DVD must be received by the MisCon Festival no later than May 1, 2010.
Selected films will receive:
- 2 MisCon passes given onsite at the convention.
- Online & print publicity and promotion within the festival materials.
All selected entrants hereby grant the Missoula Science Fiction Convention Short Film Festival the right to use footage, in part, stills, and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes of the festival to include, but not limited to, cable, TV, internet, radio, press, and print sources. All filmmakers retain full rights to their works, and such permission is granted for current and future promotion of the MisCon Short Film Festival and Convention. By submitting your film, you agree to all the above guidelines.