MisCon 25 MisCon Staff
My name is CthulhuBob Lovely. (My Mom would say my name is Robert Lester Lovely.) Born 14 June 1962 in Abilene, Texas, I grew to adult age in Columbus, Ohio. Thankfully, I managed to avoid growing up. I currently live in Missoula, Montana with my beautiful wife. I have a son and two daughters.
In the mundane world, I served in the United States Air Force from 1986-1992 as a Chinese Mandarin cryptologist and ICBM Technical Order Librarian, chose to not meet the Pope so a little old Catholic lady could do so instead, met Justice Clarence Thomas in 2000, received my JD in 2001, and have a degree in History.
In terms of geekery, I help run MisCon, which occurs each year on Memorial Day Weekend in Missoula, Montana, thanks to the wonderful people who make it happen. I also help out at other shows.
I began playing Dungeons and Dragons at the age of 13. Prior to this, I had seen H.P. Lovecraft’s books in the collection of my older brother, Brian, who is also responsible for introducing me to Monty Python, Star Wars and many other things geek. In my younger years, my geek reading was more science fiction than fantasy, though that has largely reversed these days.
When Call of Cthulhu was first published, I played with my friend Warren as Keeper. I immediately fell in love with the game, and the system, and have been running Call of Cthulhu ever since. I am a Missionary for Chaosium, a MIB for Steve Jackson Games and a Monkey for Cheapass games.
As a semi-professional nerd, I believe geekery and gaming can have positive effects on math, reading and writing, and social interaction skills as well as family togetherness.
Web site: http://www.miscon.org/
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 1:00 - 2:00 PM, Early Bird Round Table, Picnic Area (1)
- Break Fri 2:00 - Fri 3:00
- Fri 3:00 - 4:00 PM, Convention Scenario Writing and Running, The Dungeon (Downstairs Programming)
- Fri 4:00 - 5:00 PM, Meet Carol Berg, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Fri 5:00 - 6:00 PM, Meet Tiffany Toland, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Fri 6:00 - 7:00 PM, Meet Kass McGann, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Fri 7:00 - 8:00 PM, Opening Ceremonies, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Break Fri 8:00 - Sat 11:00
- Sat 11:00 - Noon, Hangin' With John Dalmas, Boardroom
- Sat Noon - 1:00 PM, Cthulhu . . . What? Who? Where? You know CthulhuBob, but what is that pesky Cthulhu?, Small Programming (259)
- Break Sat 1:00 - Sat 2:00
- Sat 2:00 - 3:00 PM, MisCon Then and Now, Small Programming (259)
- Sat 3:00 - 4:00 PM, CthulhuBob Reads Winnie the Pooh, Nook (Breakfast Nook)
- Sat 4:00 - 5:00 PM, Get in Front of the Green Screen, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Break Sat 5:00 - Sun 11:00
- Sun 11:00 - 3:00 PM, Barbeque with Medieval Lawn Games, Fencing, Shooting the Knight!, and Fun!, Picnic Area (1)
- Sun 3:00 - 4:00 PM, But I should Be Able To . . ., Boardroom
- Break Sun 4:00 - Sun 6:00
- Sun 6:00 - 10:00 PM, Art Auction, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Break Sun 10:00 - Mon 1:00
- Mon 1:00 - 2:00 PM, Long Term RPG Campaigns, Small Programming (259)
- Mon 2:00 - 3:00 PM, Long-Lived Beings: Depicting their Culture and Mindset, The Dungeon (Downstairs Programming)
- Mon 3:00 - 4:00 PM, Closing Ceremonies, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)