MisCon 25 Panel Volunteer
I got into MisCon several years ago (feels like a totally different world now) through my ex-husband and our roommate at the time. They worked with our previous Con secretary, Joy. They apparently thought of me when Joy mentioned the kind of person MisCon needed. After they described it to me I accepted the job unseen. Meeting the rest of the crew the next week at the Hunter's cocktail party, I thought, "OK, these folks are freaky." I actually got into the position for the clerical elements but refound my love of art in the process. I have always had a knack with art, passing every art class two weeks before the rest and with an A+. However, now I have found a good hobby in creating tattoo drawings for my friends and I.
I left the art department of MisCon for a few years in order to finish my BA, and thought I might not go back. But as anyone who knows certain members of ConCom when they ask-how can you refuse? With the excitement of an upcoming MisCon, I'm always thrilled to be working with all the wonderful artist that I have missed so much.
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 10:00 - 7:00 PM, Friday Art Show, Art Room (300)
- Break Fri 7:00 - Sat 8:00
- Sat 8:00 - 7:00 PM, Saturday Art Show, Art Room (300)
- Break Sat 7:00 - Sun 8:00
- Sun 8:00 - 4:00 PM, Sunday Art Show, Art Room (300)
- Break Sun 4:00 - Sun 2:00
- Sun 2:00 - 3:00 PM, Artist's Workshop, Boardroom
- Break Sun 3:00 - Sun 5:00
- Sun 5:00 - 6:00 PM, Art Auction Prep., Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Sun 6:00 - 10:00 PM, Art Auction, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Break Sun 10:00 - Mon 8:00
- Mon 8:00 - 3:00 PM, Monday Art Show, Art Room (300)