MisCon 25 Attending Professional
John’s been designing tabletop games for over a decade and a half. His first solo project, the adventure Night Train for Pinnacle’s Deadlands steampunk/western/horror RPG—best among players as the “PC Death Train”—remains to this day probably his best-known work.
Over the years, he’s served as the line developer several roleplaying and miniatures games. His first full-length novel, Deluge, was a finalist for the 2010 Origins Award for Best Game-Related Book. His latest major work, Deadlands Noir, won the 2014 Silver Ennie for Best Setting.
In addition to his work in gaming, John has been an interrogator for the US Army, a firearms instructor, a bodyguard, and a private investigator.
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 3:00 - 4:00 PM, Convention Scenario Writing and Running, The Dungeon (Downstairs Programming)
- Break Fri 4:00 - Fri 6:00
- Fri 6:00 - 7:00 PM, Handling Problem Players and/or Characters, Small Programming (259)
- Break Fri 7:00 - Sat 11:00
- Sat 11:00 - Noon, Selecting the Right Game System For You, Small Programming (259)
- Break Sat Noon - Sat 5:00
- Sat 5:00 - 6:00 PM, Investigative Techniques for Storytellers, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Sat 6:00 - 7:00 PM, So You Want to Be an RPG Freelancer . . ., Small Programming (259)
- Break Sat 7:00 - Sun 11:00
- Sun 11:00 - Noon, Military Intelligence for Writers and GMs, Great Hall (Upstairs Programming)
- Break Sun Noon - Sun 3:00
- Sun 3:00 - 4:00 PM, But I should Be Able To . . ., Boardroom
- Fri 8:00 - Midnight, The Shape of Things A' Comin', Table: 2 Room: Ruby's 162 (162)
- Break Fri Midnight - Sat 8:00
- Sat 8:00 - Midnight, Bad Air, NO Table