MisCon 27 MisCon Staff
Beth Stoops is a journeyman costumer from the Pacific Northwest, recently transplanted to the bay area of California. She sews many of her own clothes and household items. Her theory about sewing is that clothing should be comfortable, allow a full range of motion, and have a generally high level of utility. She particularly focuses on strong, solid finish work sewn on strong, durable fibers. While she wears mostly loose tunics, in her ideal world, corsets, kilts, plus-fours and pantaloons would be an everyday occurrence. That said, her absolute favorite thing to make is pants.
As an author, Stoops is raunchy, yet refined, comedic, yet dark. Her stories have a local flavor and a running joke that all good things hail from, or end up in, Montana.
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Sat 4:00 - 4:50 PM, The Dresden Files: a Discussion, Upstairs Programming 1 (259)
- Sat 5:00 - 5:50 PM, Incognito Garb: Medieval Garb For Daily Wear, Upstairs Programming 2 (260)
- Break Sat 5:50 - Sun 11:00
- Sun 11:00 - 11:50 AM, Negative Press: Current Events in Nerdspace, Upstairs Programming 1 (259)
- Break Sun 11:50 - Sun 6:00
- Sun 6:00 - 6:50 PM, Reading: Elizabeth Stoops, Upstairs Programming 3 (261)
- Break Sun 6:50 - Mon Noon
- Mon Noon - 12:50 PM, Gypsies In Fact and Fiction, Great Hall (Upstairs)
The Dresden Files: a Discussion (Sat 4:00), Gypsies In Fact and Fiction (Mon 12:00)