MisCon 27 Panel Volunteer
Bernie has been a sci fi movie-maker and costumer for over 15 years. He worked in student film in Los Angeles in the mid-90s before becoming a science teacher in the public schools and then a Radiological Control Technician at the Idaho National Lab. Holding a Masters Degree in Education, he has personally created over a dozen entries in his "Physics of Science Fiction" web series, and has been responsible for teaching nearly every subject of physical science, including Astronomy, Physics, and Radiation Safety.
As a movie-maker, his work has appeared on the SyFy Channel and he has contributed to independent film of ILM employees. As a costume enthusiast he has performed on stage with Weird Al Yankovic, been showcased on E! Entertainment, and marched with George Lucas as a professional Star Wars Costumer in the 2007 Tournament of Roses Parade.
In addition, every Halloween his home in Idaho Falls transforms from homespun Americana into total ghost flowing terror. Be sure to drop on by
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 4:00 - 4:50 PM, Physics of SciFi: Attack of the 50 Foot Monster, Hotel Lobby of Doom
- Fri 5:00 - 5:50 PM, Science Verses Sci-Fi, Upstairs Programming 2 (260)
- Break Fri 5:50 - Sat 10:00
- Sat 10:00 - 10:50 AM, Greatest Saturday Morning Cartoons, Great Hall (Upstairs)
- Break Sat 10:50 - Sun 3:00
- Sun 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Dresden Files Fan Film: Grave Watcher, Great Hall (Upstairs)
Greatest Saturday Morning Cartoons (Sat 10:00)