MisCon 27 Attending Professional
[from the MisCon 25 program book]
Tiffany Toland says she was "all but born with a brush in her hand." As a child, she always knew she wanted to be an artist and spent hours painting and drawing to increase her artistic skills. To this end, she dropped out of high school to focus more on her artwork, and she obtained a GED shortly after her sixteenth birthday.
For a short time she attended art school with an eye toward earning a degree in game design, but she quickly realized that it wasn't the life for her. Instead, she began promoting and selling her artwork on her own.
Over time she has dabbled with watercolors, watercolor pencils, egg tempera, oils, acrylic paints, and graphite, but focuses mainly on digital illustration, using an Intuos tablet.
Her artistic inspiration comes from what she calls "the mystical unknown, legends, lore and fairy tales, myths, horror stories, and everything in between." Many of her paintings depict gods and goddesses, fairies, the undead, and sorcery.
Originally from Washington, she moved to Helena, Montana, where she now resides with her husband, son, and a menagerie of pets. Her work is shown year-round at conventions all over the country, and in some cases, in other countries.
Tiffany's work has been licensed for a variety of products on three continents, and her retail division has shipped artwork to all 50 states and over 20 countries. She also owns and operates Wholesale Fantasy Art, where she wholesales the work of 13 other fantasy artists.
Her work can be found in Ballistic Publishing's EXPOSÉ series (Australia), Paper Tiger's Curvy series (Australia), Photoshop Creative magazine (UK, USA, Germany, and The Netherlands editions), and ImagineFX (UK, USA) magazine. Her non-fiction articles about artwork and the fantasy art industry have been published in EMG-Zine, and on her blog website, www.tiffanytoland.com.
Web site: http://www.tiffanysrealm.com/
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Meet the Artists, Fireside
- Fri 4:00 - 4:50 PM, Light, Shading, and Perspective, Upstairs Programming 2 (260)
- Break Fri 4:50 - Sat 11:00
- Sat 11:00 - 11:50 AM, The Role of Art in Sci Fi, The Cave (Downstairs)
- Sat Noon - 12:50 PM, Tour the Art Show!, Hotel Lobby of Doom
- Break Sat 12:50 - Sat 2:00
- Sat 2:00 - 4:50 PM, Artists' Corner, Fireside
- Break Sat 4:50 - Sun 10:00
- Sun 10:00 - 10:50 AM, Oddball Mediums in Art, Upstairs Programming 2 (260)
- Sun 11:00 - 11:50 AM, Negative Press: Current Events in Nerdspace, Upstairs Programming 1 (259)
- Break Sun 11:50 - Sun 4:00
- Sun 4:00 - 4:50 PM, Artist's Block, The Cave (Downstairs)
- Break Sun 4:50 - Mon 11:00
- Mon 11:00 - 11:50 AM, Finding Your Home in the Art World, Upstairs Programming 1 (259)
The Role of Art in Sci Fi (Sat 11:00), Oddball Mediums in Art (Sun 10:00)