MisCon 27 MisCon Staff
The animated Hobbit and Lord of the Rings of 1977 and 1978, an Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Coloring Album (in an Easter basket with colored
markers in 1979), and the Endless Quest series (Choose Your Own Adventure style D&D novels in 1982); these things caught hold of my imagination as a young person. It took two more years and advertisements in Marvel comics to teach me that Dungeons and Dragons was a thing, a game of some kind. In the howling wilderness of the Adirondack Mountains a red box was hard to find. 1984, quest completed.
Finding players has always been easy. Finding a GM, not so much. I took on the role early as a clever scheme to play more. I've run (played a bit, but mostly run): D&D, AD&D, Call of Cthulhu, Top Secret/SI, Star Frontiers, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Twilight 2000, Cyberpunk, Vampire, In Nomine, and most recently Pathfinder.
I enjoy facilitating fun for an entire group and encourage a cooperative storytelling style of play rather than an adversarial one. It's easy to kill characters. It's harder to keep a group coming back for more, week after week. I consider myself fortunate to have a group of players who want to help tell stories, and who keep coming back to find out what happens next.
In my off-gaming hours I'm a software test lead, an EMT-B, and Assistant Chief with Clinton Rural Fire District. My beautiful wife Amy and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary in 2012. She graciously indulges my many geeky habits, manages the Pathfinder campaign soundtrack, and has turned out to be a pretty great half-orc.
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 2:00 - 2:50 PM, I'm Never Setting Foot in a Tavern Again., Containment Room (Upstairs)
- Break Fri 2:50 - Fri 4:00
- Fri 4:00 - 4:50 PM, Convention Gaming 101, The Cave (Downstairs)
- Fri 5:00 - 5:50 PM, Bug Out Bags 101, Great Hall (Upstairs)
- Break Fri 5:50 - Sun 10:00
- Sun 10:00 - 10:50 AM, Paladins: Lawful Good or Awful Good?, Upstairs Programming 1 (259)
- Break Sun 10:50 - Sun 1:00
- Sun 1:00 - 1:50 PM, System Verses Story, Great Hall (Upstairs)
- Break Sun 1:50 - Sun 3:00
- Sun 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Invasion of the Paratroops!, Breakfast Nook
Paladins: Lawful Good or Awful Good? (Sun 10:00)
- Sat 8:00 - Midnight, The Witch of the Wood, Tables: 10, 11 Room: Ruby's 143 (143)
- Break Sat Midnight - Sun 8:00
- Sun 8:00 - Midnight, The Witch of the Wood, Tables: 10, 11 Room: Ruby's 143 (143)