MisCon 27 Attending Professional
Chuck was born a poor transistor farmer in the rust belt of western Pennsylvania. His childhood was filled with polluted rivers that he fell in love with anyway, the sound of railroad cars crashing together, and dreams of lusty women of dubious reputation. Eventually, he tired of all things iron and decided to trade rust for heavy metals, moving to Missoula, MT in 1987.
Despite a decided lack of tree cover (comparatively speaking) he found Missoula to his liking and, after earning a degree in Archaeology in 1991, decided to stay and continue his quest for the world record two-headed trout. In the meantime, he discovered that he had some skill in telling stories through sequential art and has since worked for numerous comic book publishers, including Malibu Comics, Caliber Comics, Alpha Productions and Silverline Comics. He also fell in with rabid fantasy and war gamers (fell in = was hijacked by) and eventually produced artwork for Steve Jackson Games and Dungeon Magazine, along with various illustrations for the Neverworld RPG and the Superdeck Superhero Card Game.
His most recent graphic novel is called Witness to War and recent gaming books include GURPS: Traveller and Earthdawn: Dragons. He has a graphic novel called Lunatic Fringe and an E-book called Anger Mis-management: A Cynic's Guide to American Culture. Two new comics, Shadow Woman and Stripper Viking are coming out soon. I've also managed to sell three short stories in 2012.
Web site: http://www.highanxietystudios.com/
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Meet the Artists, Fireside
- Break Fri 3:50 - Fri 5:00
- Fri 5:00 - 5:50 PM, The Incarnations of Batman, Fireside
- Fri 6:00 - 6:50 PM, Comics and Graphic Novels 101, Upstairs Programming 1 (259)
- Break Fri 6:50 - Sat 7:00
- Sat 7:00 - 7:50 PM, Background Art, Upstairs Programming 2 (260)
- Sat 8:00 - 8:50 PM, Erotic Comics and Pin-up Art, The Cave (Downstairs)
- Break Sat 8:50 - Sun 3:00
- Sun 3:00 - 3:50 PM, All About Texture, The Cave (Downstairs)