Films submitted to the MisCon 28 International Short Film Festival should fit into one or more of the categories below. Films will judged against the other submitted short films in their category.
- MisCon 28 Theme: 28 Years Later
- This year’s theme is 28 Years Later - we’re interested in stories with beginnings that start after The End. Has the world already ended when your film begins? Do your protagonists wander through the ruins of of our world or is civilization but a distant memory? Whether hunted by apes in this world’s far future or trapped on in a dystopia far away in time and space, we’re interested in seeing your film that fit this category.
- Science Fiction
- Does your film have mad scientists, experiments gone awry, spacecraft or stations, alien planets, time travel, strange creatures or robots? Does it tell the stories of brave resistance fighters and their struggle against their dystopian overlords in the past, present or future? Then the Science Fiction category was engineered for your film.
- Our fantasy category welcomes films that deal with myth, magic, legend, and wonder. Whether following the exploits of heroes in lands far away and long ago or impossible happenings next door, films that excite the imagination will have their chance to win the hearts of viewers who want to believe.
- Whether your film features ghosts, vampires, zombies, murderers, or existential dread – if it is inspired by fear, designed to send chills down a viewer’s spine, or brings them face to face with terror, the Horror category is the venue to showcase your work.
Please have subtitles hard coded to your submission(s). All entries will be placed in the category most appropriate to its content as determined by our screeners. Sometimes, however, a film blurs the boundaries of genre and requires an executive decision to be made about the category in which it will be placed. If you know this to be the case with your film, please determine the category you feel most appropriate.