J.K. Hinther (GinnyJones)
MisCon 28 Panel Volunteer
Jessa Hinther is on a mission to empower the masses through Corsetry!
Growing up in Virgina, Jessica visited many of the historic Civil War and War of Independance sites around the state, and much of the East Coast and Souther States sites as well.
It was while visiting these historical sites that she gained a passion for Historical fashions and corsetry. It wasn't until she was 15 that she made her first corset, using a store bought pattern, but has since learned to draft her own corset patterns, making them custom fit.
Also having an interest in film and animation, she enjoys Cosplay and creating costumes inspired by Fantasy and Historical based pieces.
When not engaging in her passion of making costumes, she performs in a Burlesque troupe, The Cigarette Girls Burlesque, and is partner Creative Director for The Cheeky Geeky Vaudeville, a collective of performers who celebrate fandom through song, dance and performing arts.
She enjoys video gaming (anything Square-Enix), Japanese Culture and Animation, Marvel, Mythology and Culture of Eastern Europe (including Vampires & Werewolves) drawing and sewing up a storm.
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Sat 1:00 - 1:50 PM, Creating EVA Foam Armor, Upstairs 2 (Upstairs Programming 2)
- Sat 2:00 - 2:50 PM, Cross-Play, Upstairs 4 (Upstairs Programming 4)
- Break Sat 2:50 - Sat 4:00
- Sat 4:00 - 4:50 PM, So You Want to Cosplay?, Upstairs 4 (Upstairs Programming 4)
- Sat 5:00 - 5:50 PM, Cosplay, Skit Style, Upstairs 2 (Upstairs Programming 2)
- Break Sat 5:50 - Sun 2:00
- Sun 2:00 - 2:50 PM, Corsets in Cosplay, Upstairs 4 (Upstairs Programming 4)
- Sun 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Cinched, Brief Corset History + Lacing Demo, Upstairs 2 (Upstairs Programming 2)
- Break Sun 3:50 - Sun 5:00
- Sun 5:00 - 5:50 PM, Cosplay Make-Up, Upstairs 1 (Upstairs Programming 1)
- Fri 8:00 - 10:00 PM, Cheeky Geeky Vaudeville!, NO Table