MisCon 28 Guest of Honor
Born June 23, 1957 in North Vancouver, Canada; Peter was predestined to be a thrill seeking adrenaline addict. Nearly killed in several horrific car crashes in the early 80's, one in particular altered his facial structure so much, that he was said to resemble actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
In 1983, after years of being a jack of all trades, he decided to move to Los Angeles to pursue a film career, having no previous experience or acquaintances there. After living in the notorious YMCA off Sunset strip for 6 months, he was taken under the wing of James Cameron to double Arnold Schwarzenegger during the filming of Terminator.
His association with Arnold Schwarzenegger spanned 14 films over 13 years, both as friend, workout partner, ski buddy, confidant, chef and dialogue coach to the star. His apprenticeship on 14 of the
largest action pictures (Terminator through Jingle All The Way) has put him in a position to understand that genre fully, something he carried into his writing career at the suggestions of producer Joel Silver and directors Walter Hill, James Cameron and others. He has completed 6 action and comedy scripts and published his autobiography, STAND OR FALL, autobiography of a stuntman (Anchor Books) while also creating many reality and scripted TV concepts, which he continues to do.
Returning to Vancouver - AKA Hollywood North - after a 14 years, he has become one of the busiest actor/writer/producer/directors in town. If business slowed, Peter didn't. He wrote, produced & directed his independent short Bombmakers, founded ARK (Actors Reading for Kids) in honor of his late mother Margaret and guest lectured at schools throughout the region, as well as teaching "hands-on" experimental film to Grade 6 & 7 students, something ground breaking and ultimately rewarding.
Peter was inducted into the Hollywood Stuntmen Hall of Fame in 2009. Peter is still very much connected with the stunt industry, as head of his Vancouver based stunt school - Peter Kent's School of Hard Knocks - Check it out on Facebook.
Check Peter's other accomplishments and his full resume on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0448827/
Web site: http://www.peterhkent.com/
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Making Independent Films, Great Hall (Upstairs)
- Break Fri 3:50 - Fri 6:00
- Fri 6:00 - 6:50 PM, Opening Ceremonies, The Tent (1)
- Fri 7:00 - 7:50 PM, Getting Into Character, Great Hall (Upstairs)
- Break Fri 7:50 - Sat 10:00
- Sat 10:00 - 10:50 AM, Peter Kent Q and A, Containment Room (Upstairs)
- Break Sat 10:50 - Sat 1:00
- Sat 1:00 - 2:50 PM, Fight Choreography Workshop, The Tent (1)
- Break Sat 2:50 - Sat 4:00
- Sat 4:00 - 5:50 PM, First Page: Make or Break, Containment Room (Upstairs)
- Break Sat 5:50 - Sun 10:00
- Sun 10:00 - 10:50 AM, Author Book Signing, Containment Room (Upstairs)
- Break Sun 10:50 - Sun 3:00
- Sun 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Be an Action Hero!, The Tent (1)
- Break Sun 3:50 - Sun 5:00
- Sun 5:00 - 5:50 PM, Stories From Hollywood: a Slideshow, Containment Room (Upstairs)