Realm of Stygia
MisCon 28 Panel Volunteer
Belegarth's chief difference from other medieval combat groups come in the level of contact, role-playing and costs to play.
Belegarth combat is a full contact sport. This differentiates it from other foam combat games in that we allow grappling, shield kicks and bashes and do not require participants to pull blows. This allows for fast paced, hard fighting.
Belegarth participants are also not required to roleplay, although it is certainly encouraged. Many foam combat groups have races, classes, magic and roleplaying integrated into the gameplay. Belegarth's combat system is focused entirely on just that: combat.
Stygia was originally formed under the realm name of Gorothannon in 2001.
There are several groups, called units, within our realm. We have a unit of Orcs and various monsters that banded together to form the Uruk Hai. There is also a unit of mercenaries that formed to be a fighting unit against the Uruk Hai...they are known as the Dread Gate Mercenary Alliance. We have a few other units such as the Shadow Clan and the Freeholders. Races vary from humans to trolls to pixies and dragonkin.
Belegarth allows for great amounts of creativity in your character. You can be just about anything you want within the realm of medieval fantasy but your character type does not allow for any special treatment. Combat rules are the same to everyone...regardless if you are a heavily armored dragonkin or a tiny little pixie.
While many of us really enjoy the costume and character aspects of this game, Belegarth is a combat game first and foremost. One thing we Belegrim love more than anything else is new people! We all remember what it was like to be new and feel like a fool out on the field and we are happy to lend a little help to get you started!
Web site: http://www.belegarth.com/
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Combat Demo: Realm of Stygia, Creekside Green (3)
- Fri 4:00 - 4:50 PM, Crafting Foam Weapons and Armor, Upstairs 1 (Upstairs Programming 1)
- Break Fri 4:50 - Sat 11:00
- Sat 11:00 - 11:50 AM, Foam Fighting Workshop: Archery and Spears, Creekside Green (3)
- Sat Noon - 12:50 PM, Realm of Stygia Combat Demo, Creekside Green (3)
- Break Sat 12:50 - Sat 3:00
- Sat 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Foam Fighting Workshop: Melee, The Tent (1)
- Sat 4:00 - 5:50 PM, Realm of Stygia Combat Demo, Creekside Green (3)
- Break Sat 5:50 - Sun 10:00
- Sun 10:00 - 10:50 AM, Realm of Stygia Combat Show, The Tent (1)
- Sun 11:00 - 2:50 PM, Barbeque with Medieval Lawn Games, Fencing, Shooting the Knight!, and Fun!, BBQ Area (1)
- Break Sun 2:50 - Sun 2:00
- Sun 2:00 - 4:50 PM, Realm of Stygia Combat Show, Creekside Green (3)