MisCon 28 Attending Professional
John’s been designing tabletop games for over a decade and a half. His first solo project, the adventure Night Train for Pinnacle’s Deadlands steampunk/western/horror RPG—best among players as the “PC Death Train”—remains to this day probably his best-known work.
Over the years, he’s served as the line developer several roleplaying and miniatures games. His first full-length novel, Deluge, was a finalist for the 2010 Origins Award for Best Game-Related Book. His latest major work, Deadlands Noir, won the 2014 Silver Ennie for Best Setting.
In addition to his work in gaming, John has been an interrogator for the US Army, a firearms instructor, a bodyguard, and a private investigator.
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
- Fri 3:00 - 3:50 PM, The Better Part of Valor, Upstairs 2 (Upstairs Programming 2)
- Break Fri 3:50 - Fri 5:00
- Fri 5:00 - 5:50 PM, Better Lairs and Abattoirs, Upstairs 4 (Upstairs Programming 4)
- Break Fri 5:50 - Sat 10:00
- Sat 10:00 - 10:50 AM, The Glass Is Half Full...Or Is It?, Upstairs 4 (Upstairs Programming 4)
- Break Sat 10:50 - Sat 5:00
- Sat 5:00 - 5:50 PM, , Great Hall (Upstairs)
- Break Sat 5:50 - Sun 1:00
- Sun 1:00 - 1:50 PM, That GM, Great Hall (Upstairs)
- Break Sun 1:50 - Sun 4:00
- Sun 4:00 - 4:50 PM, Developing Cultures for Storytellers, Containment Room (Upstairs)
- Sun 5:00 - 5:50 PM, The Math of RPG-ing, Upstairs 4 (Upstairs Programming 4)
- Break Sun 5:50 - Mon 10:00
- Mon 10:00 - 10:50 AM, Putting the Military in Fiction, Containment Room (Upstairs)
- Break Mon 10:50 - Mon Noon
- Mon Noon - 12:50 PM, Encouraging Role-playing in Games, Upstairs 4 (Upstairs Programming 4)
- Fri 7:00 - 11:00 PM, A Face by Any Other Name, Table: 23 Room: Ruby's 143 (143)
- Break Fri 11:00 - Sat 7:00
- Sat 7:00 - 11:00 PM, A Face by Any Other Name, Table: 16 Room: Ruby's 138 (138)