MisCon 31 Panel Volunteer
Josh Aronoff is married, father of two, and a graduate student in the field of counseling psychology. He has degrees in psychology and sociology and has spent more than a decade working with at risk youth. Josh also served in the Army National Guard, Infantry. He has been an avid Gamer for more years than he should count, fan of the mystery, science fiction, and fantasy genres. He collects game books, useless bits of trivia, and esoteric skills including, pickling, pre-prohibition cocktail mixing, copper electroplating, and is considering taking up blacksmithing if he can find the time and resources.
Scheduled Panels and Presentations:
Key: =On a Panel =Moderating =GMing
Fri 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Convention Gaming 101, Madison
Panelists: Josh Aronoff, Brian Campbell, Ben Donnelly
For players and GMs both, gaming at cons is a whole different animal than rolling dice in your basement. Here's what you need to know.
- Break Fri 3:50 - Sat 10:00
Sat 10:00 - 10:50 AM, The Three Laws of Robotics & You, Yellowstone
Panelists: Josh Aronoff, C.J. Cherryh, Jane Fancher, Manny Frishberg, James Glass
1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. 2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. 3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law. Are Asimov's 3 rules more important now than ever? Can we avoid a "Terminator" future? Can we predict how drones and the rise of the robots will affect us in 10 years?
- Break Sat 10:50 - Sat 3:00
Sat 3:00 - 3:50 PM, Coins And Cards And Minis And Dice And . . ., Monster Tent (1)
Panelists: Josh Aronoff, Brian Campbell, Erik Evjen
Do all these props and aids actually aid, or do they get in the way?
- Break Sat 3:50 - Sun Noon
Sun Noon - 12:50 PM, Group Dynamics, Patio Tent (1)
Panelists: Josh Aronoff, Kyle Elliott (Big Kyle), Tod Glenn, John Goff
The rogue is stealing everything in sight and the paladin is trying to stop him. Meanwhile, your fighter and wizard are fending off a small hoard of dragonets. Itís a great group of characters, but they make a terrible team! Learn how to steer players towards cooperation, and how to lay down the law if you must.
- Break Sun 12:50 - Mon Noon
Mon Noon - 12:50 PM, Best RPG System Today?, Ballroom C
Panelists: Josh Aronoff, Brian Campbell, Ben Donnelly, Justin Farrington
5th Edition DnD? Savage Worlds? Pathfinder? Call of Cthulhu? Shadowrun 5th Edition? Our panelists will discuss the pros and cons of some of the big systems right now. You can also weigh in and give your two cents.