Artists, Get Your Panels!
Panels and tables for the MisCon 37 Art Show are available. Please complete an application.
MisCon 37 Artist Rules
All artist submitting art to the MisCon 37 art show and art auction must comply with these rules.
- Artwork may be original or prints.
- All artwork must be based on a space, science fiction or
fantasy theme. All art pieces must exclude excessive violence and/or
graphic sex, due to the fact this is a family event. The art show
coordinator has the authority to deny display of any art not
conforming to these guidelines.
AI generated art is not accepted into the MisCon art show.
- All items must be ready to display (hang or stand) upon arrival (matted or framed). Binder clips or hooks will be used to hang the artwork. All 3D work must be self supporting.
- Each item entered must be identified on the back with a title AND number, the artist name and address. A bid sheet with corresponding information must be attached to each piece of art. A master control sheet must accompany all entries. Bid blanks and a master control sheet can be downloaded and printed as needed. (If you have difficulty with the Excel file, use the MisCon master control and MisCon bid sheet .pdf files.) Any mistakes between the bid sheets and master control sheets if not caught might be sold at amount on bid sheet (This is the amount seen by customer).
- Artwork entered for display only must be designated "Not for sale" on the bid sheet.
- Charges for the MisCon 37 art show are as follows:
- 4'x4' Panel $25.00
- 6'x2' Table $25.00
- Print Holders $15.00
- A ten percent (15%) commission applies to all items sold.
- Artwork will be accepted no later than 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 25, 2023. (If you are delivering your art in person and will arrive later than 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 25, 2023, please to make arrangements for late set up.) Unless previous arrangements have been made all unsold items must be picked up by 3 p.m. by either the artist or his/her authorized representative, designated and identified to the art show coordinator in advance. Artwork that is mailed/shipped will be returned the same way. All shipping and insurance costs to and from the convention are the responsibility of the artist. Return shipping and insurance fees must accompany the artwork. If you are delivering artwork personally and would like it mailed/shipped back to you, you must provide an appropriate container and the necessary fees.
- Control sheets need to be submitted no later than Friday, May 19, 2023. This will ensure we have an inventory of the artwork and assists us in processing payment to the artist.
- Artwork may be sold for the direct sale price, but the buyer will be required to leave the art in the art room for display until the live art auction is finished. Con attendees may discuss earlier pick up with art chairs if they will not be present to pick up art after the live auction. When the live art auction is to begin, any art with one or two bids will be sold at the current bid price to the current high bidder, a third bid in the silent auction will cause the artwork to go to the live auction.
- Any art not sold after the live art auction will be re-displayed in the art show and will be available for sale at the artwork's direct sale prices, or after auction price if the artist wishes to set a separate after auction price.
- Artwork will be shipped the week following MisCon 37. All artwork will be returned via UPS or FedEx. (UPS shipping includes insurance, U.S. mail does not. For this reason USPS will NOT be an option for return shipping.) Those without accounts through either service will have art shipped through requested service and checks will follow the following week.
- As protection of your intellectual property, no photography of the art show will be allowed. In the event your art is stolen, MisCon will compensate you in the amount of the artwork's Direct Sale price.
- If you wish to designate art to be sold for MisCon fund raising purposes, please indicate these items on the bid sheet as "For MisCon." All charity/MisCon pieces not directly sold will go to auction.
- Payments for art panels must be paid separately from current memberships, future memberships, or merchant tables. (Unless other arrangements are made with both art show coordinator and Con chair.)
If you would like to reserve space to show your work at MisCon 37, please apply online.
Please ship your art to:
1924 Kensington Ave.
Missoula, MT 59801
Files for download
- MisCon master control and bid sheets .xlsx (preferred)
- MisCon master control .pdf
- MisCon bid sheets .pdf