MisCon 34 International Short Film Festival Entry Requirements and Terms
- Entries may be in any style, but they must be related in some fashion to one of the following genre based categories: science fiction, fantasy, or horror. Check our category information for more details.
- Entries must be a minimum of 1 minute in length, and less than 31 minutes long.
- Entries must be received in NTSC/DVD Region 0 or 1 format.
- Electronic entries will only be accepted if each entry adheres to all MisCon International Short Film Festival Entry Requirements and allows offline playback. Scanned copies of signed entry forms will be accepted with electronic submissions.
- More than one entry may be entered, however, each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form.
- Entries may be domestic, or international.
- Entries must be in English, or subtitled in English.
- All entries remain your intellectual property. You have the right to screen your entry.
- Screening DVDs must be labeled with the film title, running time, and contact information (name, postal address, email address, and phone number).
- Submitting a press kit is not required, but is recommended.
- Entries received after May 1st of the preceding year and before April 30th of the current calendar year will be entered into the current calendar year festival. Entries received after May 1st of the current calendar year will be entered into next the next calendar year festival.
- Few films that could conceivably receive an NC-17 rating with the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) will be accepted.
- All entries meeting MisCon International Short Film Festival Entry requirements will be screened by a panel of judges.
Filmmakers whose works are selected will be notified by email.
Screener Return Policy:
Screening DVDS of entries WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Company representatives for official selections will receive:
- Two, four-day passes to MisCon if representatives would like to attend
- Online & print publicity and promotion within the festival materials.
All selected entrants hereby grant the MisCon International Short Film Festival the right to use footage, in part, stills, and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes of the festival to include, but not limited to,television, Internet, radio, press, and print sources. All filmmakers retain full rights to their works, and such permission is granted for current and future promotion of the MisCon International Short Film Festival and overall MisCon convention advertising.
By submitting your film, you agree to all MisCon International Short Film Festival Entry Requirements and Terms.
To begin the entry process, please complete the entry form.